title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Complex ID Tag mapping

Complex ID Tag mapping

Hello All/Spoon,
    I have now my Itunes Apple lossless as a replica of WMA lossless library but I need some windows specific tags to port to Apple lossless files. Here is what I am trying to achieve and I do not know how to do it in DSP effect:

map wm/language to comments with value language:<value of wm/language tag>
    append mood tag value from wma file to comment tag as mood:<value from mood tag in wma>

There may be semi colon separated values in wma mood tag. They need to append to apple comment tag with each semi colon separated value on a separate line like this:
    mood:mood1
    mood:mood2

Thanks & Cheers. -Amitabh

Administrator

Re: Complex ID Tag mapping

Use the DSP effect ID Tag Processing, there is a map section. It is not possible to append to tags.

But could I map wm/language=en to comment=language:en?
    or else, can I build a script that can be called from the music converter?

Thanks. -Amitabh

Administrator

There is no language specification in dBpoweramp reading of the tags so =en is not required.

So then, is there a way to take a tag value from the source file and add or append to the target file tag with a expression syntax. Like in the previous post, can I take wm/mood tag value from wma source file and add its value to comment tag in the target file with some constant prefix string?

source file tag: wm/mood="Soothing"
    target file tag: comment=mood:Soothing

If this is not possible then this may be a very powerful and valuable enhancement.

Thanks. -aamitabh

Also, if I have to do simple mapping through script then how do I write "Id tag mapping" dsp effect?

Let us say I need to map "mood" tag to "description". What will be the syntax of the dsp effect:

dspeffect2="id tag mapping=......"

Administrator