title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: A way to add lookup services to Batch Rip?

A way to add lookup services to Batch Rip?

Is there a way to add lookup service to Batch Ripper? You mentioned once a "button" that I see nowhere. I'm willing to pay for lookup, for the excess of 400 CD's etc etc. [Edit] As in, other than AMG additional lookups, additional databases?
    Last edited by theDugan; 03-17-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Administrator

Re: A way to add lookup services to Batch Rip?

GD3 is the other pay service, there is a button on the metadata settings page in Batch Ripper.

I have a question for pretty much the same topic:

When the 400 lookups are done and i have 5000cds and im a private consumer not using a batch ripper to make money, do i then still have to pay for new lookups?
    Thanks,

Administrator

Yes

Ok i just bought some more lookups.
    My batch ripper says that there are no lookups remaining, but my creditcard says that you have taken the money..
    How does that work?

Administrator

In your email reciept you must follow the link to activate the lookups to your account.

thanks for sorting me out. Im very happy with your service.
    I do however feel a bit bummed:
    I live in a country where commercial copying is strictly prohibited. I bought a robot cos i thought it would be easier for me to get all my music copied. Then I find out that I have to pay for the meta data, that would have been free had i not bought a robot.
    I feel like Im being punished for using the more complex program.
    I can see that you should make money from the meta data when someone is using it for commercial purposes but that is simply not legal where i live..
    Dont you think there should be an exception for countries where commercial copying is banned?

Administrator

It is not us who decide the rules, rather AMG, if you wish to use AMG with a robot then a perlookup fee is paid.

I have tried to find AMG online cos i wanted to complain to them. I think that it is a service i have paid for already and now they are charging me again.
    If the money goes to AMG can you please provide me with an email adress?
    when i go to Allmediaguide.com i get directed to roxio.com. Is that the same company?
    Thanks

Administrator

AMGs contract with us stipulate that all customer service is handled by us, so we cannot give out AMGs email address.

>I think that it is a service i have paid for already and now they are charging me again.

You are wrong, you have purchased R14 which comes with AMG for the non-batch ripper, the Batch Ripper is separate, point in fact Batch Ripper comes with no GD3 lookups, where as R14 has indefinite GD3 lookups.

I bought a package of programs from Illustrate. Batch ripper and dpPoweramp included.

The purpose is to rip my cd collection.
    If I choose to put the cds in one by one using one program from that package it is for free.
    If i use another program, that does exactly the same with the same basic reading cod for the cd´s, I have to pay for the meta data.

That makes me feel conned. I feel like Im being punished for buying a robot and making it easy on myself.

I then complain (above) and get told by you that the money goes directly to amg. So I then find AMG and complain to them.
    Here is what they wrote back to me:

<edit: spreading false information>

So back to my point: I payed for the service of meta data and now that I am using a robot I have to pay once more.

I can understand that you want to charge B2B when someone is making money from a ripping service. But that is not the case. Ripping service is strictly prohibited in Denmark where I live, I can not send my cds to a ripping service. I am a private person.

<edited: false accusation>
    I would like better than an answer, if you could please add 5000 meta to my account. I am not a business, I am a happy consumer, that feels cheated and would like to go back to just being happy and able to recommend dbPoweramp in the future.

Schönes Wochenende
    Last edited by Spoon; 04-29-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Administrator

>I would like better than an answer, if you could please add 5000 meta to my account

We will not do this, no matter how hard you try to 'shit stir' between AMG and dBpoweramp. You do know if you continue to pester AMG, they might just decide it is not in their best interest for dBpoweramp to have access to their system, you will find it removed at a future point in time for both Batch Ripper and CD Ripper...

You were asked not to contact them directly, you have done so.
    Last edited by Spoon; 04-29-2011 at 04:50 PM.

I contacted them before you asked me not to.
    and this is still a free world, I can contact whom I want.

I guess the reason youre pissed off is that i called your bullshit? That is your lie?

Fact remains: youre double billing not only me but everyone else who thought they bought a service and got suckered.

Besides, Im not trying to stir shit between anyone. Just trying to find out why I dont get the service with batch ripper, that I get with poweramp? why do i have to pay twice?

You still didnt answer that.

But still, have a nice weekend!
    Last edited by kodak!!; 04-29-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Administrator

So your theory is that we charge people for AMG, but keep all that money and pay nothing to AMG? interesting theory, you can wireshark the network output of CD Ripper, it access AMG servers direct, AMG do not allow free access to their system, our account with AMG is settled every quarter and has done so without incident for many years. I am not fearing a knock on the door from the FBI for hacking AMG to give us free access, it is not the way Illustrate (of over 15 years of good standing) operate.

Also is it not a little strange I am not giving into your demands, I mean if there were slight of hand going on, it would make sense to give you 5000 lookups and hush you up, no? after all if AMG was not being paid, then 5000 lookups would cost nothing? heck why settle for 5000, how about 5 million?

So carry on spreading those rumors, you are not getting any more Batch Ripper lookups, as that would break our contract with AMG, which allows for 400 non-commercial lookups, any above this switch to the commercial tarrif, wether you like it or not.

Thread Closed - these discussions are going nowhere, with kodak claiming Illustrate to be 'bullshitters and liers'.
    Last edited by Spoon; 04-29-2011 at 05:40 PM.