title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multi Encoders hangs at Rip Status 99%

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melgoth
    • Oct 2010

Multi Encoders hangs at Rip Status 99%

Hello!

I’m using

dBpoweramp Music Converter: Registered Reference
    Release 14
    DSP Effects: Release 7

I have tried to rip with Multi Encoder. The added encoders are Flac, Wave, MP3 and MP3 again with different settings. The ripp process hangs every time at 99% ripp status on the first title. I tried this on different system WinXp, Win7 and different drives, always with the same result (hang at 99%). If I remove the mp3 encoders then it works.

What can I do to get my mp3 files with the multi encoder?

melgoth
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Multi Encoders hangs at Rip Status 99%

Have you tried leaving it awhile? if ripping in secure mode then 99% is where the encoding actually takes place (after ripping the track).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• melgoth
      • Oct 2010

Yes - of course - something about 15 min or more then I canceled it. The first track files exist in every destination folder, also for the mp3 files (no check of contend, but I saw the file names in the file system). Flac and wave works completely with 2 or 3 cds. I'm just starting to use dbPoweramp and I'm still figuring out how should I rip my cds (what tags, file names, covers, ... and so on) .

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try this multiencoder:

Changes: Bug Fix: When encoding to certain multiple formats, multi-cpu correct functions Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpoweramp-Codec-%5BMulti-Encoder%5D.exe
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• melgoth
          • Oct 2010

Hello!

Now I’ve got some time to test the multi encoder. First I extended the test of release 3 with some more cds.

Let me recapitulating the results:

Versions 1:
          Release 14
          Multi encoder: Release 3
          System:
          WinXp Sp3 32bit and Win7 64bit
          Configuration 1:
          Multi encoder: flac
          wave,
          mp3,
          mp3 (again with different settings)
          Result 1:
          Every cd that I have tried hangs on the first track (99% work was finished)

Configuration 2:
          wave
          Result 2:
          Most cds can be ripped and converted successfully but then I’ve tried “Tutti orchestral sampler” and the encoder hangs on track 6 (99% work was finished)

Versions 2:
          Release 14
          Multi encoder: Release 4
          System:
          WinXp Sp3 32bit
          Configuration 3:
          wave,
          mp3,
          Result 3
          :Same result as in Result 1.Every cd that I have tried hangs on the first track (99% work was finished)
          Configuration 4:
          wave
          Result 4:
          Same result as in Result 2. Most cds can be ripped and converted successfully but then I’ve tried “Tutti orchestral sampler” and the encoder hangs on track 6 (99% work was finished)
          Configuration 5:
          Multi encoder: flac (only one destination format using the multi encoder)
          Result 5:
          The “Tutti orchestral sampler” cd could be ripped completely successful
          Configuration 6
          :Multi encoder: wave (only one destination format using the multi encoder)
          Result 6:
          The “Tutti orchestral sampler” cd could be ripped completely successful

I think the most significant thing is, that it works successful if there is only one destination format configured.

Below there is the logging information after canceling work of configuration 4.
          Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'M:\dBpoweramp\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\Minnesota Orchestra,Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD,01,Dance Of The Tumblers,Classical,2008.IGNORE'
          Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 17170 (3:48) in 0:23. Filename: M:\dBpoweramp\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\Minnesota Orchestra,Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD,01,Dance Of The Tumblers,Classical,2008.IGNORE
          AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 5) [Pass 1]
          CRC32: 03F258E3 AccurateRip CRC: 2F18C8AA (NEW) [DiscID: 016-002b1d8d-0200080a-e810c510-1]
          HDCD Track Detected
          Reading audio info from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Flac\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov-Eiji Oue-Minnesota Orchestra-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-01-Dance Of The Tumblers-Classical.flac'
          Finished reading audio info from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Flac\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov-Eiji Oue-Minnesota Orchestra-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-01-Dance Of The Tumblers-Classical.flac'
          Reading audio properties from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Flac\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov-Eiji Oue-Minnesota Orchestra-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-01-Dance Of The Tumblers-Classical.flac'
          Finished reading audio properties from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Flac\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov-Eiji Oue-Minnesota Orchestra-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-01-Dance Of The Tumblers-Classical.flac'
          Reading audio info from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Wav\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov-Eiji Oue-Minnesota Orchestra-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-01-Dance Of The Tumblers-Classical.wav'
          Finished reading audio info from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Wav\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov-Eiji Oue-Minnesota Orchestra-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-01-Dance Of The Tumblers-Classical.wav'
          Reading audio properties from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Wav\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov-Eiji Oue-Minnesota Orchestra-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-01-Dance Of The Tumblers-Classical.wav'
          Finished reading audio properties from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Wav\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov-Eiji Oue-Minnesota Orchestra-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-01-Dance Of The Tumblers-Classical.wav'

Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2' to 'M:\dBpoweramp\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\Czech State Philharmonic,Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD,02,Intermezzo E Humoreske,Classical,2008.IGNORE'
          Track 2: Ripped LBA 17170 to 50515 (7:24) in 0:28. Filename: M:\dBpoweramp\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\Czech State Philharmonic,Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD,02,Intermezzo E Humoreske,Classical,2008.IGNORE
          AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 6) [Pass 1]
          CRC32: BDCB973F AccurateRip CRC: 5838090D (NEW) [DiscID: 016-002b1d8d-0200080a-e810c510-2]
          HDCD Track Detected
          Reading audio info from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Flac\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\George Whitefield Chadwick-Jose Serebrier-Czech State Philharmonic-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-02-Intermezzo E Humoreske-Classical.flac'
          Finished reading audio info from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Flac\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\George Whitefield Chadwick-Jose Serebrier-Czech State Philharmonic-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-02-Intermezzo E Humoreske-Classical.flac'
          Reading audio properties from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Flac\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\George Whitefield Chadwick-Jose Serebrier-Czech State Philharmonic-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-02-Intermezzo E Humoreske-Classical.flac'
          Finished reading audio properties from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Flac\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\George Whitefield Chadwick-Jose Serebrier-Czech State Philharmonic-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-02-Intermezzo E Humoreske-Classical.flac'
          Reading audio info from file 'M:\dBpoweramp\Wav\Various Artists\Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD\George Whitefield Chadwick-Jose Serebrier-Czech State Philharmonic-2008-Tutti! Orchestral Sampler SACD-02-Intermezzo E Humoreske-Classical.wav'
          Screenshot

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Try removing all DSP effects and re-run on a configuration which freezes.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• melgoth
              • Oct 2010

Versions 2:

Release 14
              DSP Effects: Release 7 (no DSP effects configured)
              Multi encoder: Release 4
              System:
              WinXp Sp3 32bit

Configuration 3:

wave,
              mp3

Result 3

Tutti cd completely successful

It seems your right, but how can I use my dsp effects?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

See if you can isolate which effect was causing the issue.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• melgoth
                  • Oct 2010

ok - I will try it - need more time - will come back with the result

Comment

• melgoth
                    • Oct 2010

Again my configuarations:

Version2:
                    Release 14
                    Multi encoder: Release 3

Configuration 1:
                    Multi encoder:
                    flac
                    wave,
                    mp3,
                    DSP Effects:
                    HD HDCD,
                    RG ReplayGain,
                    Audio CD Hidden track silence removal
                    Move destination file on error
                    Write metadata file

There are 2 ways to configure the DSP effects for the encoders. In the bottom and middle of the main window exists 3 sheets:
                    ID Meta
                    Encoder
                    DSP
                    I used this DSP sheet to configure (first way) all encoders in one window. Then I’ve removed DSP effects until I got a successful result.With Tutti! (the cd with the most errors) all encoders (in Configuration 1) have worked
                    WITHOUT THE
                    ‘write metadata file’
                    DSP effect
                    !!!

But consider when I’ve removed the mp3 encoders in the past (the dsp effect ‘write metadata file’ used for flac and wave) some cds have worked successfully too, but with Tutti I’ve got an error on track 6. So it seems the error depends on the encoders and the cds.

Next I have tried to configure (second way) this dsp effect in the special encoder window, which appears with the button ‘settings’ for every encoder. Doing so it still doesn’t work for MP3 but for flac and wave (even with Tutti! on track 6). :confused:

Is there a chance to get the ‘write metadata file’ DSP effect without errors?

thanks
                    melgoth

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

What is drive M? is it a network drive? if so try encoding to a folder on your HDD.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• melgoth
                        • Oct 2010

M: is a local drive

You don't think the 'write metadata file' dsp effect is the reason for the error?
                        Last edited by melgoth; 03-22-2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>