title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to convert a mixed Flac and MP3 library to all MP3 (without reencoding MP3s)

How to convert a mixed Flac and MP3 library to all MP3 (without reencoding MP3s)

I'd like to build a library of MP3's for my car. I'm limited to 32GB SD car.

I have a bunch of MP3's that are around 192K as my only copy mixed in with mostly FLACs.

When I build the new library I don't want it to decode and reencode the MP3's (so as to not degrade MP3's further), I want to just copy those and only reduce the FLACs.

Is there way to do this?

Windows 7 x86 running R14
    Last edited by mswlogo; 03-03-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Administrator

Re: How to convert a mixed Flac and MP3 library to all MP3 (without reencoding MP3s)

You could do a search for the mp3 files and copy them with a copy/paste.

Set Batch Converter to filter mp3 files.

Re: How to convert a mixed Flac and MP3 library to all MP3 (without reencoding MP3s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

Set Batch Converter to filter mp3 files.
    Sure would be nice to have an option on the "Filter" to just copy them as is.

Also if I did decide to restructure the folders (And I may for the car) this won't work so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I tried this for grins and it flattens it (loses all folder structure).

I'll have to use RoboCopy for this part.

Seems like a common thing folks would want to do and many folks may not realize decoding and reencoding MP3's degrades them.