title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problem When Rebooting Machine Running Asset

Problem When Rebooting Machine Running Asset

I'm running Asset UPNP (latest version - registered) as local on Windows 7 x64 SP1. .

I have a NAS (ReadyNAS NV)with a share called Entertainment mapped as a drive (Y) to Windows. It has 3 sub-folders (Audio/Images/Video). I had setup Asset to read the Audio folder (it has 4 subfolders - Live music/Compilations/Studio/MP3) The first 3 sub-folders are flac and I setup Asset to play them as LCPM through my Sony BDPS570 blu-ray player.

Before I could reboot and Asset would come immediately and I'd be able to play any audio file. Since upgrading to SP1 Asset still sees the Audio folder on the NAS but no 'playable files' comes up when I try and play anything (including the mp3 files which shouldn't be a problem). If I open asset configuration it still sees all the songs/albums and if i Restart asset it still doesn't want to play the files. (I can go directly through the NAS on the blu-ray to play the mp3's though) I had to rescan everything to get it to work again but it took at least 2 hours to finish the scan.

Any thoughts?

Administrator

Re: Problem When Rebooting Machine Running Asset

Try browsing the shared folders from your Windows, if Windows asks for a password then that is the reason why asset cannot access the music.

I do have it set to automatically log me on, but of course sometimes Windows will tell me that it couldn't do so. I then have to manually click the share to come up (the red mark showing it as disconnected goes away) and then I can access it under windows no problem. Unfortunately this doesn't help with Asset on the blu-ray as I still need to rescan everything manually.

I'm thinking maybe the windows firewall is doing something since I upgraded.

Administrator

You could disconnect the internet and disable the firewall as a test.