title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converting quadraphonic Q8 24/96 wav to WMA lossless

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aamitabh
    • Sep 2010

converting quadraphonic Q8 24/96 wav to WMA lossless

Hi All,
    I have a few quadraphonic 24/96 files. dbpoweramp does not have a way to convert them to 4 channel WMA lossless files. The only option I get is 24 bit 2 channel or 24 bit 5.1 channel.

Even if I convert 4 channel to 5.1 channel, how are the center and LEF channels created?

Cheers. -aamitabh
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: converting quadraphonic Q8 24/96 wav to WMA lossless

You can use DSP effect to channel map on conversion. The limitation appears to be with WMA, all the available modes are presented.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• aamitabh
      • Sep 2010

Ah thanks Spoon! I will try that.

But what is the algorithm for the default option of converting quadraphonic files to 5.1, by using the standard option?

Also, Would you add another dropdown option for 4Chanel, so that I do not have to use channel map DSP.

Thanks. -aamitabh

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is Microsoft which set those encoding options, we jsut read all possible modes with WMA.

The mode 4 channel to 6 channel is not optimized (unlike 2 >> 6 or 6 >> 2), so the last 2 channels will be a sum of the other channels.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>