title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Add Replay Gain To MP3

Add Replay Gain To MP3

Hi

I have searched the forum for ages trying to find an answer to the following question. How do I add Replay Gain to an existing set of MP3 files?

I can see it is a batch conversion job and see how to add the replay gain function. However, how do I set the "Converting to" options? I don't want to convert the existing files in any way accept to add the replaygain effect.

Thanks.

Mike

Administrator

Re: Add Replay Gain To MP3

Install the replaygain utility codec from:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-utility.htm

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Add Replay Gain To MP3

Quote Originally Posted by mbpage View Post
    Hi

I have searched the forum for ages trying to find an answer to the following question. How do I add Replay Gain to an existing set of MP3 files?

I can see it is a batch conversion job and see how to add the replay gain function. However, how do I set the "Converting to" options? I don't want to convert the existing files in any way accept to add the replaygain effect.

Thanks.

Mike
    use dbpa converter, selecting files just as if you are converting to mp3 (lame) or fLAC, etc. But in the conversion window at the top, just select "replay gain" as the type of conversion. This won't actually modify your files at all other than scanning and adding replaygain album gain and replaygain track gain info to your existing tags.