title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Issue ripping from DTS CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chileboy
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2007

Issue ripping from DTS CD

I have one (and only one) DTS 5.1 encoded CD (Steely Dan - Gaucho). It seemingly rips accurately to WAVs (the CD is in AR), and I have the proper codec installed so I can play the files in WMP. The only issue is that the first track has a short (< 1 second), loud static burst at the beginning, and the subsequent tracks all start with a more subdued pop. After that, they all play fine.

I tried ripping to an MP3 and there are identical glitches at the beginning.

Any advice is appreciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Issue ripping from DTS CD

Try disabling ID Tagging for Wave (dbpoweramp configuration >> codecs >> adavanced settings)

But it sounds like it could be an issue with the dts decode and short tracks
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chileboy
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try disabling ID Tagging for Wave (dbpoweramp configuration >> codecs >> adavanced settings)
      Didn't resolve the issue.

But it sounds like it could be an issue with the dts decode and short tracks
      Do you mean with the decoder I have installed on my PC, or dbpa component? Because originally I had no decoder installed, I only got white noise, but the static burst was there. I also tried copying one of the MP3s to my iPod, and it exhibited the same behaviour.

How short do you mean by "short tracks"? They are all about 4 - 7 minutes.

Thanks Spoon.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>decoder I have installed on my PC,

This one.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chileboy
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
          >decoder I have installed on my PC,

This one.
          OK, but again, that doesn't make sense, as originally I HAD no decoder installed, and the static was present - so how could it be originating from a non-existent decoding?

I also ripped to a .flac and copied it to my iPod (which is running Rockbox), and had the same symptom.

Or am I missing something? :confused:

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Static noise is the undecoded DTS file, your player needs to be able to decode DTS to get any sound, dBpoweramp does not decode the DTS
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chileboy
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Nov 2007

Yes, I understand that, but as I said in my original post, I have a decoder installed now and after the initial 1-second "pop", the files play back flawlessly.

I'm not saying it's not my decoder, was just asking here for some direction, and to be sure there wasn't something I was overlooking in the ripping process. Since that appears to not be the case, I will tinker with it some more and see if I can figure out whats going on.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

If AccurateRip verified it, the rip is without error.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chileboy
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Nov 2007

You were absolutely right Spoon. I re-ripped to .flac and installed the dts component for foobar2000 and it played back fine in that.

Comment

Working...

]]>