title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I add album art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • word artist
    • Feb 2011

How do I add album art

I am considering dBpoweramp as a tool to convert my 900-odd CD collection ripped to WMA-lossless to FLAC. The base part of this, it does just fine: convert-to does its job.

According to the dMC product page...
    Easily Add Missing Album Art: CD Ripper & the ID Tag Editor have integrated Internet Art search functions, to easily add artwork which is missing (or of a lesser size than required):

My first issue here is that when I use the Edit-ID Tag contextual menu item... I get a message "Power Pack Required for ID-Tag Editing". I can find ony one reference on the site to Power Pack, and that has no associated link. Where can Power Pack be obtained?

And is that promise true? According to other posts on here, I have seen feedback saying there is no way to add album art without re-ripping!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I add album art

See:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• word artist
      • Feb 2011

Thanks

That explains the first part: pay up. No probs.

However, it does not answer the second, especially in light of the other threads that mention it is only available by re-ripping.

Can the album art be added retrospectively? And can it be done in bulk? (I have over 9000 tracks - I am not going to sit here selecting art for each one individually, and would rather the process be at least mostly automated for multiple, if not all, albums at a time.)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can add it manually on an album basis by selected all album tracks >> right click >> edit ID Tags >> Add Album Art (select art).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• word artist
          • Feb 2011

Thanks - I suppose hoping for more would have been unrealistic...

Comment

• bwv872
            • Dec 2010

Is there a way to copy album art from one music file, then paste it to another music file using the ID Tag Editor. I know how to open the ID Tag Editor (album tracks >> right click >> edit ID Tags >> Add Album Art), but I cannot figure out how to copy the album art file to my clipboard so that I can go to another music file and paste it to the second (later) file? Thanks for the help.

Scott

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Try the export to folder.jpg, then import from folder.jpg
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• m4rk0
                • Feb 2011

I am having issues changing album art for some of my albums. These albums have a low quality image embedded in the tags but for whatever reason when I open them up for tag editing and then remove the album art, save, and then reopen it keeps showing the same album art that I'm trying to remove. I then tried adding a different .jpg to these files but the other one is still in there and when I play these songs in my player, the low quality art keeps showing.
                Last edited by m4rk0; 02-21-2011, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Folder.jpg in the same folder? mp3 audio track with an id3v2 tag?
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• m4rk0
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
                    Folder.jpg in the same folder? mp3 audio track with an id3v2 tag?
                    I guess i don't know the answer to those questions. I don't see anything that says folder.jpg and not sure of the id3v2.

Here's a screen shot of the folder view:

And a screen shot of the menu when you right click to edit a file:

^^It's that first image listed that I cannot delete for the life of me.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

There is a jpg in the same folder as the tracks, try removing it.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• CaryB
                        • Feb 2009

What the? Did jannypan decide to start spamming the board all the sudden?

Comment

• GaryS
                          • Jun 2011

I'm trying to add album art to an existing album. I select all tracks, right click, choose Edit ID tag, click on Album Art (it first appears in brackets in red), click Album Art again when it becomes a blue button, click on Choose (Internet), a new window then opens - in the upper left corner it says "choose album art" in the lower right corner "sort largest to smallest", otherwise the window is blank. No other options appear and nothing happens. Can someone help with the next step? Thanks.

Comment

• dbfan
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Jan 2011

You need r14.2 which is in the beta section of this forum.

Comment

• GaryS
                              • Jun 2011

That works great. Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...

]]>