title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectMeta issues with 2nd Family Pack v14 Install

Question PerfectMeta issues with 2nd Family Pack v14 Install

I'm certain it is user error, but I can't seem to resolve this issue or find anything online to help.... so here goes:

I recently installed dBpoweramp R14 (reference) on a 2nd PC in my house. I purchased the Family Pack back in December, so I'm assuming I'm ok installing on another PC.

PerfectMeta works just fine on the first install, but does not on the 2nd. When I go to review the meta tags I can't see any of the options from AMG, GD3, etc. I can see the tags and edit them, but don;t have the option to see what all of the various services are trying to use for tags.... any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Enrique

Administrator

Re: PerfectMeta issues with 2nd Family Pack v14 Install

Select Meta Drop Menu >> Retrieve From >> AMG

does it retrieve them?

Question Re: PerfectMeta issues with 2nd Family Pack v14 Install

Yes. The issue is that when I select "Review PerfectMeta Matches", I don't see all of the downloaded meta from AMG, GD3, MusicBrainz, etc. I only see the populated fields on the left side of the screen (Artist, Album, etc.), but under AMG, GD3, MusicBrainz, and freedb there is nothing. On my first install there is data populated under each of those headings showing what each of those serviced suggested. If there is a discrepancy between what I've chosen and a particular service, the meta is highlighted in red.

How do I get that functionality on my second install?

Administrator

Then the disc came from the dBpoweramp Cache, click the metadata button again to retrieve from the internet.

I've seen this same behavior on CDs that I've not ripped before. When I go to review the metadata, nothing exists under the three services. The fields are populated however. Sometimes clicking on retrieve gets results in one to three of the services, but most of the time not.

I usally only look on the more arcane CDs I have, figuring there are probably more potential metadata errors on stuff that is uncommon. However, I've also seen this behavior on really popular stuff. I kinda figure that means that all three services agreed with each other, or only one service returned data, either way signalling that "there is nothing to see here." Guess I'm wrong about that. So whats it mean when this happens? Again, the local machine (and thus the dbpoweramp cache) has never seen this disc before.

(I've got another metadata problem, but I'm going to start a new thread so as not to hijack this one. If the moderators want to combine it here, that is fine with me.)

Administrator

If it is not coming from the local cache and you have cd-text disabled then it is arriving from one of the on line providers.

I'm having the same problems. I don't have the family pack but I start CD ripper for the 2 drives each I have in my computer. For several weeks it worked excellent. Yesterday I couldn't see the downloaded meta tags anymore for one of my drives. As of today I cannot see them for both drives anymore.
    It has nothing to do with cd's ripped before. Starting the program only once doesn't work either.
    It is pretty annoying, I used the differences between the downloaded meta tags to check all the tags and change them quickly if necessary. Now I have to check everything with the information provided with the CD.

Administrator

Even freedb is not supplying you data?

None of them, not even freedb. The fields on the left are populated, so I think at least one connection is made and returns meta data. I do not use the local cache or cd text.

On top of the screen 'AMG' 'GD3' and 'Freedb' are greyed out as if the didn't have meta data.
    Last edited by joop; 02-24-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Administrator

Then it came from the local cache. Click the metadata button again to retrieve live from the internet.

It is a new cd, never ripped before so it cannot come from the local cache. Clicking the metadata button doesn't solve the problem, otherwise I would not post here.

Administrator

Make sure that only AMG, GD3 freedb and Musicbrainz are checked. If was a new CD it had to come from one of them.

Already done that. I'ts not the question where the meta data comes from, it's the problem I cannot compare the results from AMG, GD3, Musicbrainz and freedb. That is(was) for me the strenght of PerfectMeta.

Where does the program store it's application data such as preferences en cache?
    Can it be a windows register problem? I use windows 7.

Administrator

Try:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285

Then resinstall dBpoweramp and try on the default settings.

Thumbs up Re: PerfectMeta issues with 2nd Family Pack v14 Install

Well...:blush: I finally solved my problem...
    I had accidently unchecked the PerfectMeta(Intelligent Lookup) button and overlooked it again and again.
    After checking it..it all works perfect like before.
    Sorry for your time Spoon :blush:, thanks anyway.