title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ANy Suggested DSP for large FLAC-AAC Convert?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windmiller
    • Jan 2007

ANy Suggested DSP for large FLAC-AAC Convert?

I am about to convert my entire FLAC library to AAC to import into itunes so we can have a lossy library for our ipads/iphones.

My question is whether anyone else who has done this has any recommended DSP/Actions for this scenario?

I do own the Reference version so was thinking of using Multi CPU force since I have a dual core but with hyperthreading should i force 4?

Multi CPUForce (2 cpu)
    Volume Normalize - Would this be beneficial for an itunes library for iphones?
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: ANy Suggested DSP for large FLAC-AAC Convert?

iTunes can normally self normalise, a little like replay gain it is called sound check.

If your system can support 4 CPUs (virtual or not) they will be automatically supported

Comment

• windmiller
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
      iTunes can normally self normalise, a little like replay gain it is called sound check.

If your system can support 4 CPUs (virtual or not) they will be automatically supported
      So is there no reason for me to use Multi CPUForce?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Sometimes dBpoweramp will use a single core (if converting lossless to lossless), but if you have a special machine where the HDD is not the bottleneck it can be force to multi-core.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• timw0932
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
          Sometimes dBpoweramp will use a single core (if converting lossless to lossless), but if you have a special machine where the HDD is not the bottleneck it can be force to multi-core.
          Is this a new feature in an unreleased version? If not, how do you get it to work? That is, I found converting FLAC<->ALAC to use all cores, and it really killed the performance with source and destination drives the same drive. I had to force it to use a single CPU.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It might not activate FLAC >> ALAC, so using the DSP effect is the right way in your instance.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>