title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: normalisation

normalisation

hey all

SPOON can u help me i was using for several time mp3gain to normalise my mp3 the normalisation is set to 98% ,what i have to do in dbpoweramp r14 trial to make the same option in normalisation as mp3gain to obtain same result and i will make a compare after

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: normalisation

Volume normalise Dsp set to the 98%

********* thanks for ure quick reply but i cant see can u tell me were please.i have attached a print screen.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7338/92181896.jpg

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/641/targetx.jpg

please help me .tell me where

thanks

Administrator

That 98% is 98db target volume which is the default for replaygain, so nothing to change on the volume scale, just activate Replaygain

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    That 98% is 98db target volume which is the default for replaygain, so nothing to change on the volume scale, just activate Replaygain
    98db or 89db?

Administrator

Yes you are right it is 89db...

i have actinated reply gain in volume normaliser dsp and i saw the volume for all sound looks gd as 89 in mp3gaIN AFTER USING THE DBPOWERAMP ,but i need to maxi,ize it to 98% and not 89 can u help me more .
    thanks.:blush:

Quote Originally Posted by radium98 View Post
    but i need to maxi,ize it to 98% and not 89 can u help me more .
    thanks.:blush:
    While I don't know the answer to your question, I'd suggest NOT maximizing RG to 98dB. The reason is that RG doesn't work on actual peaks, but on percieved peaks - which might have actual peaks at 99% even using the default of 89.

If you were to RG with percieved peaks at 98dB, you would likely end up with tracks that are clipping...

garyd9 thank u for reply and help i know that 98% will clip but 89% is to low so i try normalsing with soxx fxxxe and mp3gain work good ,but i dont like to uise them i prefer using dbpoweramp so why i asked ,if i cant do it with rg can i do it with volume normalise how these settings .

Administrator

Volume Normalize, replaygain selected and the 'Desired' section set to -0.2 dB will be 98%

sorry for disturbance ,SPOON i tried as u said :volume normalize >>adaptive >>desired volume i put it also to 0 db ,than after conversation i analys the track with mp3gain seems to be 96% ,i assume that with reply gain only it work to 89% i also analys the track with mp3gain to compare ,finally it doesnt work any other idea.

Administrator

You would not want to increase the default level as you would get clipping (replaygain does not only decrease volume, for some tracks it increases it).

yes SPOON in fact i want to increase the volume to 98% never mind if it clips i use final hardware limiter ,so what do i have to do to get 98% normalize for all tracks ,which dsp and settings ,please.
    thanks.

Administrator

Try 0.2 dB (you can type positive values).

:blush: not working i still get under the limit .the only one that work is rg but the level is 89 .and i need 98
    thanks