title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting to multiple formats, not from CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsa307
    • Jan 2011

Converting to multiple formats, not from CD

Probably a basic question but I'm new to dBpoweramp: I'm getting started on converting my music library, and have found dBpoweramp to be the most suggested resource. For my pressed CD's, I would be using dBpoweramp to create FLAC, ALAC (iTunes user), and mp3 (for portable devices) copies from the single CD source. This seems like a great and time-saving solution to generate multiple formats from my pressed CD's, with metadata included and the files ready to import! I also have music that has been downloaded in various other forms (ie wav image+cue, flac image+cue, individual ape file tracks, etc etc) that needs to be converted, however. These files are currently stored as data on burned DVD's. Is there anyway to get dBpoweramp to take these files with cue sheets (or files in other lossless formats), and easily output them into FLAC/ALAC/mp3 the same way it would for a pressed CD (with metadata included, and ready to import without further manual data entry on my part)?

Another option would be to burn the files to an audio CD and then let dBpoweramp handle it, but that seems quite time consuming and also introduces more of a possibility for error into the process. Or I could handle all of these files manually (ie convert to wav, split the tracks, convert to flac/alac/mp3 with separate programs, and then label all of the metadata by hand). But that seems VERY time consuming.

Is there a solution to this problem via dbpoweramp, or any other program? Thanks very much!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Converting to multiple formats, not from CD

dBpoweramp cannot read cuesheets
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>