title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Rip status history

Rip status history

I have ripped a couple hundred of my CD's and want to go back for the tracks that showed as inaccurate and try them with error correction. I assumed that the rip status is stored somewhere but don't know where. Any suggestions?

Administrator

Re: Rip status history

Hold the mouse over the file, it will have an AccurateRip tag which shows the status.

Thanks, that works.

I tried this, it doesn't work for me. Nothing I can do on the individual file tells me anything about its rip status.
    I'd love to have that info displayed as properties in the Windows 10 file explorer file list, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that either, even though there are like dozens of other kinds of metadata it will show.

I did go back to a previous CD rip and when I put it in, I got full track list with status like I had just run the rip. However, once I had ejected and re-inserted the CD, all that info disappeared. Kind of like it remembers the last status of the whole CD, and if the last thing you did was to eject it without burning, it deletes all previous history for that CD.

I could swear there's one track I should try again, but how do I find it without re-ripping the whole CD? All I can think of is Rip To: Test.

But here's the biggie: If I re-rip the whole CD, selecting overwrite, and get worse results this time, it appears the ripper will delete every previous good track, and I loose the good reads I had before. Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by wallewek; 09-28-2021 at 05:39 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by wallewek View Post
    But here's the biggie: If I re-rip the whole CD, selecting overwrite, and get worse results this time, it appears the ripper will delete every previous good track, and I loose the good reads I had before. Am I missing something here?
    You should change the destination folder to a temporary location, perhaps your desktop. That way you can rip and confirm the quality before moving them to copy over the originals.