title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New User - UI and Meta comments

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jed
    • Jan 2011

New User - UI and Meta comments

New to dbPoweramp and quite happy with it. Ripping my collection (720+) to flac.

There are some UI issues (and some tag ones) that I've found and would like to bring them up so they can hopefully be addressed:

1. Review Metadata (Manual Meta Review).
    a)
    This dialog is non-resizeable and on a 30inch screen the OK button is half obscured by the Vista Task bar. Making it clumsy to click on the OK button. Plus is is way down the bottom long after the tags list has finished.

b)
    I've disabled a couple of the meta services and the dialog is still the same width, I expected it to reduce in width since some meta services were not being used.

Is it possible to have this dialog resizable and remember its size in the future?

2. Turning off the "Rating" tag doesn't actually work. I see there has been a post about this before.

3. The AMG service has dates in the year tag. Is it possible to get this field defaulted to just the year. (Perhaps by forcing it to always use a particular meta service, such as FreeDB in this case).

4. Would be good if I set a minimum default album art size and if the retrieved album art wasn't that minimum size, it automatically went and looked for larger versions. This could be done in a non-modal window so that I could review tags while this album art was being lookup up at the same time.

5. I tried to add front and back cover images to a file and could never get the back cover image to save as the back cover. Would always overwrite the front cover image.

6. If a CD is not found in AMG (or another service) is freedb checked anyway? I have a few cd's where the meta hasn't shown up.

I'm a bit disappointed in the AMG meta, and find myself constantly favouring the freedb version. Is it possible to send updates to the AMG service because some of the errors are glaring?

Thanks for listening. I'll be registering soon...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: New User - UI and Meta comments

1 a) - being fixed as we speak, look out for the R14.1 beta shorly

b) The width is not dependant on providers used.

3) CD Ripper >> Options >> Metadata & ID Tag options (on this page is a force year to YYYY option)

5. You would have to save the back to a file then click + to add it (retrieve from internet always sets the front)

6. All databases are scanned if Perfect Meta is checked and the 4 main databases have a checkmark
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jed
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      1 a) - being fixed as we speak, look out for the R14.1 beta shorly

b) The width is not dependant on providers used.

3) CD Ripper >> Options >> Metadata & ID Tag options (on this page is a force year to YYYY option)

5. You would have to save the back to a file then click + to add it (retrieve from internet always sets the front)

6. All databases are scanned if Perfect Meta is checked and the 4 main databases have a checkmark
      Thanks for the fast response.

a) Glad to hear
      b) Could it be? Although if it is being made resizeable this won't be a big issue. Although can I change the order the services appear in? Unless there are still big gaps in the UI where the disabled service would display.
      3) This doesn't appear to work. Could it be the same issue with the Rating in the current version?
      5) OK.
      6) Can't believe those cds are not in the services setup then. What service does MediaPlayer use when ripping? (They are in that one).
      Last edited by jed; 01-28-2011, 07:01 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jed
        3) This doesn't appear to work. Could it be the same issue with the Rating in the current version?
        are you sure you're seeing this option and setting it correctly. I can report this works on my end (WIN7 (64), dbpa R14)

Comment

• jed
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by garym
          are you sure you're seeing this option and setting it correctly. I can report this works on my end (WIN7 (64), dbpa R14)
          I can confirm that the "Force no date on year" option is checked. I've even restarted.

I just purchased so will install the full version and see what happens.

Comment

• jed
            • Jan 2011

No changes when using the registered version.

Comment

• Sonus
              • Jan 2011

Hello,

3) I can confirm having similar problems with R14/WinXP. Most of the time I have to edit the date, even though the "force year to YYYY" option is checked.

Thank you

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

This option is only applied when the metadata is retrieved, so try to re-retrieve the metadata by clicking the meta button.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jed
                  • Jan 2011

This option is only applied when the metadata is retrieved, so try to re-retrieve the metadata by clicking the meta button.
                  No difference here.

Vista Business (32bit) with UAC disabled.
                  Last edited by jed; 01-29-2011, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Noted as possible bug
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

I am testing for this bug in R14.1 but cannot find it, I hope to release R14.1 as a beta in a week or so, if you could try this version to see if it helps.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

I will have to go back and check my tags. I have the option to only use year. The ripper continues to display the month and day as well, but I assumed that it was only writing the year... Spoon, are you saying that the behavior should be that if this option is checked then only the year should be displayed?

WinXP SP3
                        R14

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

The Ripper will display the whole date, only when the tags are written is the date shortened.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jed
                            • Jan 2011

The Ripper will display the whole date, only when the tags are written is the date shortened.
                            Interesting. I haven't looked at the tag in the file. I will check tonight when at home.

Comment

Working...

]]>