title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dbpoweramp rip to iTunes

dbpoweramp rip to iTunes

Can I use the dbpoweramp to rip to iTunes?

I have Windows Professional, and I have my iTunes Audio Library database on my "F" drive.

Most of my database is created by iTunes, and I would like to add new items using the dbpoweramp ripper. Would this cause me a problem "down the road"?

Administrator

Re: dbpoweramp rip to iTunes

Install the m4a codec and rip to Apple Lossless.

I need to stay in the .wav codec, because I restore Vinyl Lp's, using the "Diamond Cut, Live Forensics, 7.0" restoration program. Occassionally I have to import tracks from my Library for further processing; (mostly due to impovements in the restoration program) and, it is my understanding that "codec" file conversions can have an effect on the .wav files; also, I do not "dither" my files when I do "File Sample Rate Conversion" within the restoration program, because this will have an effect on the .wav file, and limit any further processing.

See my post earlier today regarding change in column headings. I started using "iTunes" to create my Library, and I suspect I would have to delete my current Library, and re-rip the tracks using your "dbpoweramp" program (provided I can use dbpoweramp to rip to iTunes).

Does "Illustrate" have an audio Library database that could handle .wav files, and provide the capability to create Playlists, do sorting by column header & etc, that would be compatible with "Windows Express"? Incidentlly, I do not use "Windows Media" for any of my audio applications.

I use the "NovaBackup", with no conversion, for backing up my programs, and storage is not a problem.

The CD ripper can rip to wav it you want file files in that format.

Can depoweramp rip .wav files to iTunes, and retain full tagging features?

Administrator

dBpoweramp can (rip to wav and tag), but iTunes would not read those tags, much better with AIFF which iTunes will read the tags from.

Is there anything that can be done (reasonably) to get around this? My challenge is that I HAVE to put my lossless files in WAV format (currently in AIFF) because my in-car head unit will only read lossless files (from an iPod or HD) in that format (no other). I can make the conversion, but the tagging info (I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing) is gone (in that there is no information for artist, album etc. in iTunes as you are suggesting). I can do batch (by selecting files within a folder; shift + advanced + convert to WAV) USING iTunes and it maintains the aforementioned data, however it will not do this by folder. Meaning this will basically take me forever.

Thanks in advance!

Administrator

It is not possible for iTunes to read wave tags, we cannot change that fact.