title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2011

Re: CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2011

Thank you Spoon,
    That brings to an end this phase of my quest. I will begin my ripping.
    I still have to find out why my ripped FLAC files do not sound exactly as the original CD.
    Great Forum.

William

Hello Spoon,

I am a rookie for this forum and try to buy a PX 230A.
    Where is the best source to buy PX 230A?
    Refurbished/Recertified version is OK to buy ? or any recomendation newer model?

Thanks in advance

John

Administrator

They (230A) are worth their weight in gold good luck acquiring one.

Thumbs up Re: CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2011

Thank you Spoon

John

Hi Spoon,

I look for the drive but there seems to be three model numbers

PX 230A
    PX 230A/SW BL
    PX 230A-BPS

Which one is right one ?

Thanks again

John

Code Micro has PLEXTOR PX-230A drives on sale for $43. If I had the money I'd buy one.. Anyway, is there a way to check on one specific drive ? I have a PIONEER DVR-113NP (yea, I know it's cheap) and it isn't on the list. I haven't ever really had trouble with it, as I use it as my main source of ripping/burning. Maybe a bad rip with a track once in a blue moon, but that's when the CD is scratched on the label side and is pretty much irrepairable.

Administrator

I would guess PX 230A as the right one, the others might be bulk packed, etc, so nothign wrong with them.

How would one check the list of drives themself ? I'd like to see how my Pioneer drive compares to others

Administrator

It is not possible, only from all the data which is held in AccurateRip can the list be calculated.

So, it is not possible for me to view the entire list during a reverse lookup, just like that is shown in the first post and pick out my drive (if it's there) ?
    Last edited by Raddek; 08-13-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Administrator

No

I am looking at starting a project of ripping and encoding a lot of CDs. I see that the Plextor PX-230A is still the best drive out there for ripping. I have two questions regarding this.

1) Is the item at the following link that model people are looking for? I do not want to buy it to find out it is not the same thing. It is $80.45 plus shipping which is the best I can find as most places do not appear to have it in stock at this time.
    http://www.pcplanetsystems.com/abc/p...43&item_id=881

2) I currently own a Plextor PX-740UF. People tell me it is not a "true" Plextor. Do I just use my current one until I receive errors ripping, or do I immediately upgrade to the 230a or another top drive for ripping before starting the project?

I should add that I have only a laptop so I really should buy the best external drive out there for ripping. I am unsure which are external but it appears the 230a is meant for installing inside of desktops only?
    Last edited by joenorwood77; 11-21-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Administrator

The link you have is the correct drive.

As the luckiest OC(P)D guy in the world, I TRIED to purchase a (new) Plextor PX-230A from <http://www.pcplanetsystems.com> on 11/24. While they charged my PayPal Account and sent an "Order Approved" email immediately, their website promised "5 to 8 Business Days in Warehouse in China," so I waited until today (the 8th business day) to inquire about the Tracking No. My inquiry was met with an IMMEDIATE cancellation, so that "incoming units" could be allocated to the "next 7 customers in queue." My intuition (which is VERY strong) tells me this is "a bit of a scam," in that they never responded to my subsequent "if I had infinite patience" inquiry.

So I suspect I'll need to source a refurbished drive unless you can suggest a better alternative. (Although I've got a "newer" Win7Pro PC, I got a bi-directional SATA<>EIDE converter so I could use this "legacy" drive and get results of the highest caliber.) Do you have any ideas or recommendations? (Having used iTunes for my first attempt a building a Lossless library, I'm REALLY looking forward to doing a "complete" job with dBpoweramp.)

I gave up looking for a Plextor 230a. I got a Lite-On IHBS 112 CD/DVD/Blu burner (internal SATA) and am pretty happy with it. My ripping review of it is here.
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...IBHS112-review