title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2011

Re: CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    only drives with over 4000 submissions and 40 users are used.
    Are the number of submissions a count of tracks or of full CDs?

Is there a minimum number of submissions from each user being counted?

Administrator

CDs

So does that mean that a CD with a single track that cannot be verified as accurate is called an inaccurate submission?

Administrator

No, CDs with a few tracks are dropped from the calculation

Instead playing 20 questions, can you just explaining what is considered an accurate submission, what's considered inaccurate, and what is dropped?

Administrator

Accurate = one which matches another submission
    InAccurate speaks for its self

Yeah ... right.

What did you mean by "dropped from the calculation"? What is dropped? I asked if a CD with a single track mismatch is considered inaccurate.

Administrator

And I answered it is not even included in the calculation, as it has less than 3 tracks.

What recommended external CD/DVD drives are actually available for purchase? It's pretty hard to find any of the drives mentioned here. A brief list of excellent hardware as of Feb 2012 would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by hlesser; 02-20-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Missing info

I recently bought a Plextor 230A on ebay for 60 dollars. Giving that it is an IDE drive, would it hurt if I used an IDE to USB 3.0 adapter to connect and power it?

Hi Spoon,

Quote Originally Posted by hlesser View Post
    What recommended external CD/DVD drives are actually available for purchase? It's pretty hard to find any of the drives mentioned here. A brief list of excellent hardware as of Feb 2012 would be most appreciated.
    I'll second this. The Accuracy List is really interesting - and, for anyone who has one of the drives in the top 10, must give a nice warm feeling of satisfaction that they have a good system. However anyone coming here looking for a recommendation because their old drive is defunct is not going to find this thread so helpful.

As hlesser points out, consumer electronics moves so fast, it is often impossible to find a drive that has been recommended by users after prolonged testing. Would it be possible, therefore, to create another list, limiting submissions to any rip within the last 12 months. It won't be perfect, but it would give the newer drives a bit more of a lookin - especially if you do not require >= 40 users to be using the drive.

Otherwise, as another trawler looking for a good replacement, any recommendation for an internal SATA drive?

It would be nice, if this list was updated :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mortenkn View Post
    It would be nice, if this list was updated :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    And I answered it is not even included in the calculation, as it has less than 3 tracks.
    I am or will be a newbie to dbpoweramp when I get my NAS an compile a list of CDs to rip and save to FLAC files. But as mortenkin suggests,isn't the Drive Accuracy List long overdue for an update? For example, what about the drive in my new PC? https://www.lg.com/us/business/digit...ge/lg-WH16NS40