title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One PC (quadcore) with 6 CD player, OK for batch ripper ?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: One PC (quadcore) with 6 CD player, OK for batch ripper ?

Thanks CaryB. Sounds like its the way to go! What did you use for your tower (enclosure, port multiplier, drives ... I'm guessing you are connected to the ripping PC eSATA to eSATA?) I just finished a set up with a Revo PCIe drive running the OS and it is amazingly quick - I use J River Media Center and was able to back up to a previous library and import 600 albums of cover art from the NAS in seconds where it took up to an hour before - seems even quicker than i was expecting! Any idea if the tower set up would work through a gigabit network connection (guess an eSATA-USB-Ethernet network adapter of sorts needed) so I could locate the ripping station in a separate room?

Happy ripping!

Re: One PC (quadcore) with 6 CD player, OK for batch ripper ?

Nothing really special. Just a standard case I got at Frey's, with 6 open CDRom bays in it. I loaded the six DVD/CD drives into it, hooked some to the internal sata connectors, and some to a 4 port sata card. If I had more open external drive bays, I could hook up two more drives. Was thinking of adding an external ESATA tower, to be able to hook up more drives, but not sure if it would bog down the ripping too much. Looking at this: http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?item=71301