title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I append the [track_total] to [track]?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msirocki
    • Jan 2011

How do I append the [track_total] to [track]?

Hi Everyone,

I've lately taken to using the [Tag From Filename] "Utility Codec" to synchronize the tags of various mp3/wav/etc... files with their respective filenames and ran into a snag with the track tags. Using the [Tag From Filename] codec, it is possible to grab the track number from the filename using [track], however, because filenames cannot have forward slashes, I'm unable to capture the track as *blooper*/*blooper**blooper* and instead must only capture a singular track number (*blooper*).

Example - Given a directory "Album" containing the following files:

Album\Artist - [1x1] - Title.mp3
    Album\Artist - [1x2] - Title.mp3
    Album\Artist - [1xN] - Title.mp3

I can use [Tag From Filename] with the following tag recognition string - "[album artist] - [[[disc]x[track]]] - [title]" - to tag each file. This produces, however, produces track tags which read "1", "2", ... "N" while I'd prefer "1/N", "2/N", ... "N/N".

I was hoping that it might be possible to, either during the "conversion" process of [Tag From Filename] or by any other means, append the total number of tracks (something like "/[track_total]") to the track tag.

Things I've Tried:
    + Selecting all the files, right-click->Edit ID-Tag, Modify "Track" from "<different>" to "<different>/*blooper**blooper*" where *blooper**blooper* is the total number of tracks.
    + Tag From Filename with [track_total] to capture the total number of tracks.
    + Tag From Filename with various separators (; , -) between the track and total track numbers.

Any help/suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: How do I append the [track_total] to [track]?

I do not think it is possible, sorry

Comment

• msirocki
      • Jan 2011

Re: How do I append the [track_total] to [track]?

Ahh. Well, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...

]]>