title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problem with activation of dBpoweramp reference 13.5 under Windows 7

Problem with activation of dBpoweramp reference 13.5 under Windows 7

I purchased 13.5 reference and ran it under an XP system for about nine months until recently when I upgraded to Windows 7. I installed dBpoweramp reference 13.5 on to the new system and entered my order number to activate perfect meta. The pop-up window indicated that I had 149 days left on my subscription.

When I go into dBpoweramp CD Ripper, however, the metadata is not available. The error message says "Perfect Meta disabled. Requires dBpoweramp Reference". My suspicion is that there is something in Windows that may be blocking the activation, but I'm not sure what that is. I have disabled my antivirus, disabled the firewall, etc. but it does not seem to help. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Problem with activation of dBpoweramp reference 13.5 under Windows 7

You must have installed R14 which uses a different license to R13 (a one off perpetual license). Check which version of dBpoweramp you have installed.

Thanks for the help.

I downloaded version 13.5. However, the installed version on my computer is 15.0 .159. Do I need to uninstall this version and then reinstall 13.5?

Administrator

Yes uninstall and reinstall the registered version.