title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Virtual loader?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul.C
    • Dec 2007

Virtual loader?

Like others that have posted here, I'm also looking at purchasing an Acronova Nimbus NB11 loader, and was disappointed to discover it wasn't already supported. Though I understand where Spoon's coming from - can't support everything, needs to have a reasonable user base, and he has to have the hardware to do so.

But another thought occurred to me. If I ripped to ISOs, using imgburn (which does support the Nimbus) then had some sort of 'virtual' autoloader that would load the ISOs under dBpoweramp's control, then we'd have a 'lowest common denominator' solution that'd work with just about every autoloader. Inferior to hardware-specific support, sure, but a step up from no support at all.

Looks like Pismo's File Mount (http://www.pismotechnic.com/pfm/) is free, and has a decent SDK.

Is there documentation for adding support for an autoloader? or is it all in Spoon's head?

-- Paul
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Virtual loader?

This thread has a little info on the load.exe, unload.exe drivers which Batch Ripper uses:

Acronova looks to be replacing the Dupliq with the Nimbie, which is available in NB11 and NB12 guises. The MSRP is dropped to $599 and the price at Guitar Center is the same $469 as the Dupliq. The unit looks physically nicer and simpler, is smaller, enclosed, takes 100 discs, and can be loaded continuously, working in FIFO
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Paul.C
      • Dec 2007

Thanks, Spoon. I also found the documentation on writing loaders when I actually installed Batch Ripper (should've done that before posting

.../Help/BatchRipper/creating_drivers.html

I'm in the midst of getting the SDK info for the Nimbie from Acronova, will have a better idea once I receive it.

-- Paul

Comment

• jamont
        • Jan 2011

Please keep us posted on this. The Nimbie seems like a promising device, and it shouldn't be too hard to create load.exe, etc. for it with a little information on the SDK.

Comment

Working...

]]>