title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Verify AccurateRip after encoding

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrgou
    • Apr 2009

Verify AccurateRip after encoding

When I buy, rip and encode a new release, chances are it won't be in AccurateRip. So I have to re-rip later to verify against AR (as I'm using a lossy codec).

Now, since dBpoweramp stores the AccurateRipDiscID, AccurateRipResult (with CRC in brackets) and track number in the tags, I presume (although I may be wrong) that all the information needed is available to verify the result against the database at a later time.

So a great feature would be to be able to check the rip results based on these tags later, without having to re-rip, and update the AccurateRipResult tag accordingly.

I'm not sure in which program this would fit, as it's neither ripping nor encoding, but it would be great!
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Verify AccurateRip after encoding

Agreed, dbpoweramp should have this feature, but in the meantime, you can use CueTools.

Comment

• mrgou
      • Apr 2009

Really? How?

Comment

• timw0932
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by EliC
        Agreed, dbpoweramp should have this feature, but in the meantime, you can use CueTools.
        There are some albums for which CueTools needs a .cue file to check the Accurate Rip database. I found it works on most of mine that lack .cue files, but not all.

Comment

• mrgou
          • Apr 2009

Could you explain how to do that in CueTools with files in a lossy codec?

Maybe I need to clarify what I'm suggesting. I know it is possible to verify afterwards based on a lossless image--I do it with the verifier component of Foobar2000. What I'm suggesting is to do it for files such as MP3 or M4A, based on the AccurateRip tags that dBpoweramp writes (thus, without analyzing the files).

Say a file has the following tags:

AccurateRipDiscID: 010-00110367-00881a6a-770ac40a-2
          AccurateRipResult: AccurateRip: Not in database Secure: Yes [7229C819]
          track: 2

Later, when the disc is in the AR database, wouldn't it be possible to verify the checksum (7229C819) for the DiscID and the track, and update the AccurateRipResult tag?

If CueTools can do it, that would be awesome, but I'm not aware how it can be done.

Comment

• EliC
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

No, cuetools can not do lossy, afaik

Comment

Working...

]]>