title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help on Beta3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paddle
    • Jan 2011

Help on Beta3

I have been using beta 2, which was installed by my hi-fi dealer. I have just installed beta 3 (trial version), which is not picking up any music: status library contains 0 tracks 0 music.

It has been picked up by my Ipod touch, which I use as a remote for my Linn Majik DS. Can you please help: i am not technically minded and dare I say 60 years of age.

Thanks
  • ServerBaboon
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2009

Re: Help on Beta3

What is asset installed on?

Is it a pc or a ripnas or another Windows home server based server.

I'm guessing that if is being picked up but not seeing any tracks then maybe Asset is looking in the wrong place?

If you have bought this recently either the Linn or server device then you should be able to get some advice from the dealer especially if they are Linn.

Comment

• paddle
      • Jan 2011

Thanks

It's installed on a PC - Vista. I was using Asset 2 beta in the same way and Twonky from the pc and also Stora separately.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Where is the music stored, on the same PC or a NAS?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• paddle
          • Jan 2011

On the same PC

When ServerBaboon mentioned that it was probably looking in the wrong place I went through the installation process again. When following that I noticed that it hadn't picked up my music folder, so I added it - perhaps I was supposed to do that in the first instance.

It now states that the Library contains 14,000 tracks, 2098 albums> However, although it is shown as a device on my Ipod Touch (using PugPlayer) all the A-Zs are there but no files/music. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Thanks for your concern and support.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Restart the computer, then do a full rescan (refresh all). Let it finish before browsing with your plugplayer.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• paddle
              • Jan 2011

Thanks - all now working. I can now register/purchase with confidence.

Comment

Working...

]]>