title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: flac to audio CD

flac to audio CD

I upgraded to ref version to get cd writer and nas.. but I am unable to create/write an audio CD from the flac files.

CD writer is set to operate in XP compatibility mode,

I have lowered the writing speed from x48, x40, and now x24

Flac files are all 44.1 16bit (in fact they were ripped by the DB cd ripper) - I am running a test on my CD player, but that's another story..

I am using vista home premium

The burn stops with a warning of

"Device error; could not write to disc (LBA: 79593 Length: 0)
    Invaled Field In CDB. - 0x052400
    {tip: Cancel burn and select a slower write speed}
    Insert a New Blank CD Disc, Retry Burn?"

any ideas, please
    Cheers

Administrator

Re: flac to audio CD

Seems your writer is not compatible, first try the beta version of CD Writer in the beta section of this forum which requires no compatibility changes.

Hi Spoon
    v. quick responce again thanks..

it's weird I have two drives, they are both the same brand LG
    (No 1 shows as "HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH15F SCSI Cdrom device" and No 2 shows as "HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20 ATA Device" in windows device manager.

But the error does not appear if I use the No1 drive..

I did download the beta 3.2 and I will try that later..

cheers
    CD

Hi again

I tried the earlier version of CD writer on my other PC, also with an LG burner but diff model (HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H21N 1.01) and the same error occured. ie; stopped burning about halfway thru and showed unable to write at LBA *blooper**blooper**blooper**blooper*, invalid field in CDB, etc..

I installed and tried the beta 3.2 on both PC. the same problem occured on the same two drives as before, but the one which did work with the earlier version continued to work okay with v3.2.

None of these drives are not very old (less than 4 years) I bought the DBpoweramp upgrade to have the CD writer add-on, amongst others... so I would really appreciate to have all the drives capable of burning, which is the case with other apps like imgburn, spin it again and TMPEG DVDAuthor.
    cheers
    CD