title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Contributing Artist vs Soloists

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pumafred
    • Dec 2010

Contributing Artist vs Soloists

I apologize if this has already been dealt with and/or if this is the wrong place in the forum to bring this up.

Example: I ripped two opera CDs with dBpoweramp. In both, of course, there are soloists, conductor, and orchestra. In one of the CDs, the Composer was also tagged as Artist, orchestra as Orchestra, and the soloists as Soloists. Very nice. In the other, the conductor, soloists and orchestra were all placed as Artists, separated by semicolons. No tag for Orchestra or Soloists. (Conductor was ok.)

Now, if I try to edit the second with (right-click) Edit ID-Tag to arrange it like the first, I find I cannot create Soloists and Orchestra tags in which to place the data. Is my only choice to re-rip the second CD and manually edit the Tags in CD Ripper before ripping?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Contributing Artist vs Soloists

>create Soloists and Orchestra

Click the + Add button then from then type Orchestra as the tag name, it does not have to exist in the drop list to be typed.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pumafred
      • Dec 2010

Just reporting this worked perfectly. Thanks!

Comment

• TechVsLife
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2007

Does someone know a way of getting soloists to show as a column in windows explorer (windows 7)? It doesn't show up as a column I can add. For that matter, is there a way to add columns for custom aac/mp3 tags in windows explorer? Thank you.

Comment

Working...

]]>