title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I get metadata for already ripped music

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wobble
    • Jan 2011

How do I get metadata for already ripped music

I have some CDs ripped to WAV format with EAC before I started with DBpoweramp.

Now I want to convert these to FLAC and get the tag data from the online resources I now have access to with DBp.

For those I already converted to FLAC with EAC I want to access / update / create tag data.

I just don't see any information about if this is possible. And if so which software i should use (Converter, ripper, etc). Do I have to install a new codec for this?

Sorry I am having considerable trouble navigating around the help information and understanding which bits apply to which sw!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I get metadata for already ripped music

Only by re-ripping will dBpoweramp supply the metadata.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jh901
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      Only by re-ripping will dBpoweramp supply the metadata.
      Is there another method by which to add metadata to previously ripped music files? I'm considering the purchase of an album that is sold as files saved to disc. I will pull up the WAV files from my optical drive and save to hard drive music folder using Windows Explorer (right?). I'll need tags in order for the SqueezeCenter database to refresh.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can manually tag the files after ripping, right click >> Edit ID Tags
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>