title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ripper stopped writing accurateripresult tag?

Ripper stopped writing accurateripresult tag?

I have cd ripper set to write the accurateripresult tag (and disable tag writing is not checked) and for a while I could see the result in mp3tag (using %accurateripresult%). However, the tag does not show up for more recent rips, even though I can still see the earlier ones. Could cd ripper have stopped writing these tags, and if so, how can I get it to write them again?

Thanks.

David

Re: Ripper stopped writing accurateripresult tag?

I changed another field in the tag settings to make sure the options were written to disk, and my accurateripresult tags reappeared with the next rip. Guess, the options file got corrupted somehow.

David

Ooops. After successfully writing the acdcurateripresult tag for one CD, CD Ripper then reverted to NOT writing the tags on the next CD. What could be doing this?

Thanks.

David

Administrator

Perhaps a program is locking the file just created so the tag cannot be written, virus checker or audio program.

Thanks for the response. I wasn't think of file locks since whole CD's were not being written, and a lot of them at that. However, I've been using dbpoweramp along with catraxx and mp3tag and maybe my workflow was holding all the tracks on the cd open somehow. I'll check it out.

If that's the problem, a warning that files couldn't be written to would be helpful.

David

Sorry, this wasn't a dbpoweramp problem. When I attempted to "sync" my Catraxx data with the audio files, Catraxx was deleting the AccurateRipResult tag.

Thanks for your help.

David

Administrator

Main tag errors are written but not for the accuraterip tags.