title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error coverting from losless to mp3 Lame (My sound card may causing this, but why?)

Question Error coverting from losless to mp3 Lame (My sound card may causing this, but why?)

I get following error (after random of time) when converting from losless format (wav or flac etc) to mp3 lame:
    Error converting to mp3 (Lame),
    Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

My system: Packard Bell, Processor: AMD 64 3800+ 2.40 GHz, RAM: 3GB (of which 0,25 are dedicated to graphics). OS: Windows 7 Home Premium.

I have narrow down what causes this and would like to know why and how to prevent it:

I have this sound card: ASUS Xonar Essence STX. and disable it in the device manager makes conversion flawless but enabling it again causes the problem above. I get also more conversion problems in other applications. Like converting a video is fine but after random of time it just stops. Using audio editing software also gives error: if applying for example en EQ setting to a track, first random seconds are ok, but then I get just saturation, audio is always +9,6 db (and no sound!). The problems seems also vanish when disabling the card.

Weird! But why and how come this sound card? (Which is a very well one!)

Re: Error coverting from losless to mp3 Lame (My sound card may causing this, but why

Downloaded a newer verion of driver to my sound card and it seems fine now! Weird that the drivers that was causing this. If you wonder which drivers it is it's: Uni Xonar drivers version 1.26 (now I've got v. 1.27)