title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with asset via crossover mac

Problem with asset via crossover mac

Hi,

I´m not getting asset to work on any of my macs.
    I install crossover, then I install Asset UPNP as described here by spoon.
    Then I restart crossover and Asset appears on Songbook Mac as a library.
    When I select it and I select for example "Artist" or any other, then I get a network error and I´m not able to select anything.
    When I restart songbook, Asset is not been shown anymore. Not in Songbook and not in PlugPlayer or any other control point.
    I delete Asset on crossover and install it again in a new bottle the issue is the same.
    This happend on my iMac, on my MacMini and on my MacBook.

Any Idea?
    Regards
    Flax

Administrator

Re: Problem with asset via crossover mac

You have set the folders containing audio and asset has scanned them?

Yes, I thought I did that...

Ok, one step further:

I set the rights of the music-folder to read&write for everyone.
    So Asset scanned my library and I can browse it by Songbook.
    I can add tracks to the playlist, but when I try to play them, my DS seems to have difficulty to actually get the tracks and will not play them.
    I think, this also should be a problem that can be solved by any small hint or trick...

Any Idea?

Thanks
    Flax

New Update again:

Meanwhile the tracks played after I set all folders and subfolders to be read/write by everyone.
    Then I changed some tags with iTunes and did a rescan of the library and ... the tracks again don´t play when selected and added with Songbook.
    But when I select and add the songs with LeiaDS on the Nokia800 they play.
    Strange, isn´t it?

Perhaps any Idea?
    Thanks
    Florian

Btw: Are there any specifications concerning album art in Asset? It shows only a part of the Artwork I see in iTunes. I used a script to embed some of the missing Artwork and did a rescan, but it doesn´t show up.

Hi, I have a very similar problem, did you ever sort this out?

I have almost exactly the same issue as Flax. Playlists can be created but t he Majik DS will not play them. The front flickers indicating it is expecting to play then nothing.

However I CAN play the same flac files back straight into my Arcan receiver that is network attachable.

And the MAjik works using Songbook Mac to play iTunes

Flax, did you ever solve this?

There has to be a way to solve this, please, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Carcrashboy View Post
    There has to be a way to solve this, please, anyone?
    No, unfortunately not.
    Sorry

Well Flax, I just have. I was runnig a trial version of Asset, have just purchased and registered a full copy and problem solved. I can only assume that the trial version have a time limited licence. Hope this helps

Running Mac OS 10.6.5 on Mac Pro with LaCie NetworkspaceMax DNLA (store music files on both). Purchased registered Asset UPnP R3 and tried installing w/Crossover 9.2.0-std. Downloaded Asset UPnP version "For Windows XP, 2000 and Apple MAC (with Crossover MAC)". Ran Crossover Software Installer, selected winxp bottle. Sticky here says:

"Close the Window 'Asset UPnP' (which shows the Asset Programs), Back to the Installer Window (might be part hidden) >> Finish to view help and run Asset Configuration, close the windows until 'Asset UPnP Configuration' shows >> Advanced Settings >> Edit Top Left click [Add Folder] ... Click Ok
    Click Ok to close Advanced Settings >> Click Ok to close Asset UPnP Configuration. Important that Crossover is now Restarted (click Cancel on Crossover Software Installer) >> Crossover Menu >> Crossover >> Quit Crossover. Restart Crossover (in Applications) and Asset is now up and running."

Not clear what this instruction actually means, but after many attempts/variations result is always: Asset UPnP installer dialogue boxes say installation completed, I click "Finish," the CrossOver Software Installer continues showing activity in the progress bar, I click "Cancel" (same advice as in Crossover Compatibility Forum at http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibi...d=6666;forum=1) After restarting Crossover installation should be complete, but CrossOver can't run the application -- this is even though in Bottle Manager, I click Asset UPnP bottle and go to Advanced/Open C Drive, I see Asset-uPnP.exe and related application files appearing under Program Files/Illustrate/dBpoweramp/. This should mean application was installed, but when try running Asset-uPnP.exe from Programs menu I see only bottle icon appear/disappear in Dock. Using "Run" command I get only error message: "The command "/Users/<...>/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/New Asset/drive_c/Program Files/Illustrate/dBpoweramp/Asset-uPNP.exe" returned 1."

Crossover Support says it's "unsupported program" and can't verify if it runs (no help). Unless someone has suggestion or solution I'm giving up -- time and money not well spent.

Administrator

Try to set Asset Configuration to run Asset as a Service, then restart the bottle.

I'm running a registered copy of Asset v3 via CrossOver Mac. But I have a small problem.

Asset has properly loaded from the NAS all MP3 files and their cover art. However, all Hi Rez files (which I'm manually converted to AIFF with Max on a Macintosh computer, along with Genre, and title and cover art tags), do not show up organized into albums like the MP3 folders, nor is there any cover art for the Hi Rez files.

Instead the Hi Rez files are all grouped together in the Unknown Album.

But while poorly grouped, the files do properly play via PlugPlayer into my PS Audio PerfectWave DAC. And, the files play at the proper bit rates up to and including 192/24 without drop-out. (I'm happy about this!)

So, despite re-scanning, and re-starting, etc., which did not help, how do I get the Hi Rez files organized and showing their cover art?

(BTW, J River does organize all the files and cover art from the same NAS under CrossOver Mac, but fails during playback with lots of drop outs. So I know the files are structurally okay with good tags.)

Administrator

Are there ID Tags in the AIFF file?

Hmmm... I guess I'm ignorant, but I thought while editing the cover art, etc., while converting the files to AIFF with Max that the tags were taken care of. How do I check, what am I looking for, and how can I change them?

Thanks.

Administrator

dBpoweramp can show the tags in a file, but you are on a MAC. There should be similar tools on the mac.