title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: how to convert mp3 to m4p

Question how to convert mp3 to m4p

hi all of u

i just want to know
    how to convert mp3 to m4p????????

can any one answer me???????????

Re: how to convert mp3 to m4p

Install dBpowerAMP Music Converter, install the mp4/m4a codec from Codec Central (the top one on the page).

Moved to "How To"

If you are serious about trying to convert from mp3 to m4p (rather than to mp4), please be aware:
    -m4p is a proprietary codec used by the Apple for files they sell for download from their music store which are encrypted to prevent unauthorized copying of the file;
    -with the encryption/copy protection removed, m4p is a type of mp4 file as is the now more commonplace m4a file-no better, no worse;
    -dBpowerAMP Music Converter can create an mp4/m4a file, it cannot create an m4p file;
    -I am not sure whether there is a way for an everyday user to create an m4p file;
    -I cannot conceive of too many situations where an everyday user would have a need to create an m4p file and many situations where it would be a bad idea.

So do you really think you need an m4p file?
    If you do, I would be interested in hearing why you wish to create such a file if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Irrespective of your reasons, if you really want to create m4p files, I would check with either the iPod Lounge or with Apple.

Best wishes,
    Bill
    Last edited by xoas; 04-07-2006 at 01:01 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Is it even possible to legally create an .m4p file? I thought the whole Apple-drm scheme was totally closed and unlicenseable (except mabye in France due to recent legislation/court rulings).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast gameplaya15143's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jtbse
    Is it even possible to legally create an .m4p file?
    sure its possible, lol

song.m4a -> rename to -> song.m4p :p
    it just wont have drm infection (i dont know why anyone would want it to anyways)

i use the sony erriccsson (duno the spelling) k800 and i cant use ringtones that are mp3 unless they are drm infected. dont say wav because its huge, and wma just sucks

Lightbulb Re: how to convert mp3 to m4p

I can see a reason as to why one would want to convert and mp3 to an m4p... To crop mp3s and convert them back to m4p ringtones. Apple makes you purchase ringtones (since the IPhone will not accept mp3 files as ringtones :thumbdown). Ringtones cost the same as a complete song; which kinda T's me off :vmad: AND, they only last about 25-30 seconds!! I've been searching for such software, but have had no luck. Perhaps... that's the way it was intended. :cry: