title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

m4a utilities

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yetagain
    • Jan 2010

m4a utilities

I find these so useful but I have a couple things to say.

1: I tried updating the mp4creator.exe that it's based on in it's directory but it didn't actually work. Will it ever be? Yes even it doesn't do anything new, I like seeing new versions.

2: I have some some raw AAC's that AAC to M4A doesn't work on. I get the error Error decoding AAC, file is AAC? [clfaad::Create] I think MP4Box/YAMB works with them though.

3: Files successfully created by dbpoweramp have the metadata "tool=mp4creator 1.4.15". Shouldn't it be "MP4Creator [version] via dBpoweramp" or something similar?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: m4a utilities

Not 100% sure what you are trying to do...

mp4creator is still offered for moving between the containers (AAC and m4a) but like you say it has not been updated for years.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• yetagain
      • Jan 2010

1. It hasn't been updated for years but the version that dBpoweramp uses is even older than that.

2. I showed that AAC->M4A doesn't work with all AAC streams, though it is possible with other things like YAMB, so maybe updating the one that dbpoweramp uses might solve this.

3. Created files should show the tool being used as BOTH Mp4creator and dbpoweramp.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Have you tried replacing mp4creator with the latest version?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• yetagain
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
          Have you tried replacing mp4creator with the latest version?
          Yeah, I said that in the original post. It doesn't work. All files are 0bytes.

Comment

Working...

]]>