title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC FLAC sizes differ from standard FLAC executable

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Celeritas
    • Dec 2010

dMC FLAC sizes differ from standard FLAC executable

I have been trying to create low compression 96/24 FLAC files for my Logitech Transporter, as it struggles sometimes with high resolution FLAC files. If I set compression level to "0", they usually work. I have found that if I use the FLAC 1.2.1 executable from Sourceforge and use the "--compression-level-0" switch, I get files that are larger than the ones that dMC creates at compression level 0. I realize that this difference could be in the tag padding, but the files that are created by the standard FLAC executable play more reliably than the ones I get out of dMC at compression level 0. Are you willing to share what "switches" you use when converting wav files to FLAC? I am confused by the dMC files being smaller. I am using the last of the version 13 reference releases.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dMC FLAC sizes differ from standard FLAC executable

We do not use the flac.exe to compress, rather we call the official flac libraries direct. Lossless is lossless.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>