title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: FLAC -> MP3: How do I get "Track" instead of "Track/Track_Total"?

FLAC -> MP3: How do I get "Track" instead of "Track/Track_Total"?

I want to have the "Track" field in all my files show as "1", "2", "10" etc rather than "1/11", "2/11", "10/11" etc. dBpoweramp does exactly what I want when ripping CDs to FLAC (according to mp3tag and Squeezebox Server).

However, when I use dMC to convert FLAC to MP3, the "Track" field ends up as "1/11", "2/11" etc (again, according to mp3tag). Rather than using mp3tag to renumber each track, is there a configuration setting in dMC to get the "Track" field set to "1", "2"... etc when I'm converting?

BTW, I have to say what a fantastic program dBpoweramp reference is - I can't believe I've coped without it for so long!:smile2:

Administrator

Re: FLAC -> MP3: How do I get "Track" instead of "Track/Track_Total"?

This is because tracktotal is merged into the track number as per the ID3v2 tag specification. It is not possible to get rid of this when converting with dBpoweramp.

Re: FLAC -> MP3: How do I get "Track" instead of "Track/Track_Total"?

Oh well, it's not a major problem doing the manual change in mp3tag. Many thanks for responding so quickly! :smile2: