title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC -> MP3: How do I get "Track" instead of "Track/Track_Total"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 12 Oz Mouse
    • Dec 2010

FLAC -> MP3: How do I get "Track" instead of "Track/Track_Total"?

I want to have the "Track" field in all my files show as "1", "2", "10" etc rather than "1/11", "2/11", "10/11" etc. dBpoweramp does exactly what I want when ripping CDs to FLAC (according to mp3tag and Squeezebox Server).

However, when I use dMC to convert FLAC to MP3, the "Track" field ends up as "1/11", "2/11" etc (again, according to mp3tag). Rather than using mp3tag to renumber each track, is there a configuration setting in dMC to get the "Track" field set to "1", "2"... etc when I'm converting?

BTW, I have to say what a fantastic program dBpoweramp reference is - I can't believe I've coped without it for so long!:smile2:
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: FLAC -> MP3: How do I get "Track" instead of "Track/Track_Total"?

This is because tracktotal is merged into the track number as per the ID3v2 tag specification. It is not possible to get rid of this when converting with dBpoweramp.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 12 Oz Mouse
      • Dec 2010

Re: FLAC -> MP3: How do I get "Track" instead of "Track/Track_Total"?

Oh well, it's not a major problem doing the manual change in mp3tag. Many thanks for responding so quickly! :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>