title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trouble with album art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texasflood
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2008

Trouble with album art

I am using Ref 13.5 on a PC running Vista. When an album has incorrect artwork and I remove it, then replace it with the album cover that I want it still puts the original album art in the folder. I have tried using ID Tag Processing from the DSP effects and checking import & export album art to folder.jpg and it does the same thing. The only time it adds the art I choose is when there is no album art present and I add mine.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Trouble with album art

From CD Ripper? when replacing click [-] to remove the existing art.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• texasflood
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2008

That is what I've been doing, then clicking (+) to add the art I want. The art that appears in the window after doing so is not what is showing up in the folder after I rip the CD. It is reverting back to what was originally there.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would do this before clicking 'Rip'

Normally if the art is reverting it is Windows Media Player which is automatically replacing the art work, to test for this copy just the audio track to a different folder, if the artwork appears automatically is is WMP which is replacing.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• texasflood
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jul 2008

I rip my flac files to a folder on an external HDD, then use the converter to import mp3 files to my internal drive which contains my OS for use with portable mp3 players. I have the boxes unchecked in WMP that say anything about retrieving any kind of info from the internet. I also have the box that says "Connect to the internet" unchecked. Since the files in question are on an external hard drive, I don't know how WMP could have any affect on them. I wouldn't think WMP could change files that were not imported into it. When you say copy just a music file to a different folder, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying to go through the normal process of ripping a CD, but removing the artwork and not replacing it? Then if there is artwork present afterwords, it was put there by WMP?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Correct yes, if the artwork appears it is not from dbpoweramp
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• takpro
              • Dec 2010

I'm sorry to jump in on another thread, but I'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to use the ID Tag Proccessing to import a jpg from my HD for album art. I put in the path to the graphic, but it does not appear or import.

Takpro

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

You have folder.jpg where the source files are? and converting, using the id tag processing DSP?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• takpro
                  • Dec 2010

I made a jpg of the cd with my iphone, because no album art is available. I put that jpg in the my picture section of my HD as a 320x240 jpg and gave that path in the DSP ID Tag processing. What step did I leave out. Thanks.

Takpro

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Simply save the file as folder.jpg in the same folder as your music tracks, no need to use ID Tag Processing.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• texasflood
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                      Correct yes, if the artwork appears it is not from dbpoweramp
                      It does, in fact, place the album cover there after I ripped the CD with the art removed. Is there a way around this, or do I have to use mp3 Tag or similar software to fix it each time I rip a disc. I really wish I had noticed this about 7, 000 ripped CDs ago. Now I have to go & manually insert the album art I want on each file in my archive music folder (flac), then go into Media Monkey & do the same for my mp3 files. After I do this is there any chance the original album art will reappear again? That is a lot of work to go through for nothing.
                      Last edited by texasflood; 12-20-2010, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

I am not even sure what is writing the art.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>