title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Combining tracks to a single file??

Combining tracks to a single file??

As an example, I have a CD from an opera which has tracks:

Act 1 scene 1
    Act 1 scene 2
    Act 1 scene 3
    Act 2 scene 1
    Act 2 scene 2

I want to rip to 2 files Act1 and Act2 with DBA - is it possible, and how??

Thanks - Roy

Re: Combining tracks to a single file??

You need to use the Rip as 1 option and select which tracks you want to rip together.

I have done this when ripping a CD consisting of 2 radio shows where the shows are held as a number of tracks and I wanted each show to be in a single file.

Wayne - thanks for this. However, I think I am missing something. The only way I can see how to manipulate the track information is through the timeline after selecting Rip as 1 - which is inherently less accurate than selecting specific tracks. I assumed there would be a method that involved selecting the tracks that I wanted from the main screen then going to Rip as 1 to process.

Is this not possible?? - thanks - Roy

Administrator

It is not possible to exclude single tracks from a rip as one.

I guess I did not make myself clear. What I would like to do is select, say, tracks 1-6 in the main screen and do a Rip as One, and then 7-15 etc. Using the Rip as One screen, I have to position the mouse pointer on the track end by 'guesstimate' which means I may miss something whereas if I could positively select the (consecutive) tracks from the main screen, I would be sure of including complete tracks.

Is this possible? - Roy

Administrator

The pointer jumps to the track end locations, so there should not be any guessing.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I would add (in case you haven't discovered it yet) that you have to do each Rip-as-1 seperately. In your case rip 1-6 and after that is finished 7-15. Don't forget to go to the ripped file folder and change the name or it will remain named "Rip as 1" with the track number as 0. I haven't figured out how to name the file before doing a Rip as 1, but I'm sure Spoon could tell you if it is possible.
    Last edited by texasflood; 12-18-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: mispelled word

You can rename the track "Rip as 1" before you rip by selecting it and pressing F2. You can then input a new name.