title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Using normal Asset on WHS2008

Using normal Asset on WHS2008

Hi,

I am trying to install the "normal" version of Asset on a WHS2008 (because the WHS version doens't read my music-folders on my NAS). I can see it has found at lot of music, but I can't see it anywhere on the network. All I can see is my WHS2008 servers music library which is empty.
    Any hints on what to do? (do I need to disable something in WHS2008 or something like that?)

thanks,
    Michael

Administrator

Re: Using normal Asset on WHS2008

You are running it as a service, and you the firewall configured to allow Asset?

Actually, I am running it as "local" since that was the recommended option, so I thought it was a good place to start.
    I will try to look at the firewall.

Edit: Firewall is open for Asset-uPnP.exe and asset for tcp and udp.
    I can't see that Asset-uPnp.exe is running when looking in the task manager, and when I try to run it manually nothing happens.

Asset Control on another pc gives exactly the same result - I can see the WHS media connector, but not Asset.
    Trying Asset Control directly on the WHS machine gives no results at all...
    Last edited by milund; 12-12-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Administrator

It would have to run as a server on the server operating systems.

You mean as a "service"?

I installed the Asset server and ran it as local, but I also tried to install asset control on the server to eliminate firewall issues. (just to be clear, that I know that I need the Asset server on the server).