title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem playing ripped- apple lossles m4a filesdb Power am

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Knott
    • Dec 2010

Problem playing ripped- apple lossles m4a filesdb Power am

Dear Madam / Sir,

I am trialling the latest version of DB Power AMP and am having difficulty playing files I have ripped in the Apple Lossless format.

My question is: I am archiving all my cd’s. I wanted to archive them in a lossless format and since I use an IPOD I figured that Apple Lossless m4a was the best one to use. SO I chose Apple lossless m4a.

I ripped them with DB to this format. Now they will not play in my preferred –J River Media Centre Player or my alternative one-Win AMP....

I have checked that these players are set up and configured to play this file type. But no matter what I do they will not play.

Interestingly they will play in iTunes-nothing else??

When I rip to WAV format or AIFF ( uncompressed formats ) however they play in all Players..

What is the problem please?

Maybe I should use a different archive format that is lossless ? EG FLAC ??.

Your expertise on this matter is much appreciated!

Kind regards

Steve Knott

PS Apart from this I absolutely love it and will be purchasing it at the end of my trial period !
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem playing ripped- apple lossles m4a filesdb Power am

Your players mentioned might have codec plug ins which allow Apple Lossless to play.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>