title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

GetPopUpInfo.exe

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmoca
    • Sep 2010

GetPopUpInfo.exe

Hi. I have been using dbPoweramp for years and love it.

I am also using ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

Lately, ZA has been notifying me of GetPopupInfo.exe wanting access to the internet. Why does this process try to access the internet and can I tell ZA to not allow it WITHOUT affecting the process from doing what it should?

Also, ZA warns me of this at no particular time. For instance, it's not when I am highlighting an mp3 file or anything. I could just be reading a generic web page and it pops up.

Finally, I have even went into dbpoweramps settings to disable the process and I still get the notification from ZA, even though I have set it to not use the the popup info...

Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: GetPopUpInfo.exe

Getpopupinfo.exe does not access the internet, there is no network code contained with in it.

You can install something called 'Wireshark' this free software captures every request (and packet) sent down your network cable. This would verify that Zonealarm has it wrong.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

It is also used for the Windows Thumbnail and property handler, Windows will effectively call it when ever it feels like (to get a list of file search providers for example).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tmoca
        • Sep 2010

Thanks....btw....what an awesome tool!

Comment

Working...

]]>