title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

HDtracks .aiff files not visible on Sony BDP-S570

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chucko
    • Nov 2010

HDtracks .aiff files not visible on Sony BDP-S570

All,

I'm posting this as a "solution note", in case others have the same issue, to perhaps spare them some troubleshooting cycles.. I've finally settled on Asset UPnP after unsuccessfully trying to get JRiver and iSidore to play nice with my Sony BDP-S570 via DLNA. Thanks for making such a great product - I've been using dbpoweramp for some time, I should have though to use Asset UPnP from the start.

What I was seeing - my library is uncompressed .aif files, primarily ripped from CD's into iTunes. All of my albums showed up via Asset UPnP on my Sony S570, *except* files I had purchased from HDtracks.com, and then added into iTunes. These albums just did not show up on the Sony at all. All aif, aiff, and wav files types are set in Asset to transcode as LPCM, so that I can listen to them in full 1.4 Mb/sec on the Sony.

After trying many things, restarting & rescanning Asset, searching this forum, etc.. I finally realized that the .aiff files purchased from HDtracks do not contain any ID tag information (File -> Properties -> ID-Tag), as the files iTunes ripped directly from CD's do. So, while I'm sure there must be better & more clever ways of restoring the ID-Tag info to tagless aiff files, I only had 4 HDtracks albums - so I finally:

- Deleted the HDtracks albums from iTunes (including removal of the files stored in iTunes)
    - Ripped the albums back into iTunes from CD's I had burned of these albums (normal .cda files), rather than adding them in from the downloaded HDtracks files.

Voila! Tag info is now present in the files, and a rescan and restart of Asset made them visible to the Sony.

Again, thanks for providing a great set of products! :smile2:

-Chuck O.
Working...

]]>