title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Gaps playing ripped Cds with Asset

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZUENDEL
    • Jun 2010

Gaps playing ripped Cds with Asset

Hallo Mr.Spoon,

When using Asset and playing ripped CDs (dbpoweramp) with Linn Klimax DS (NAS:Aspire) there are gaps between tracks which have a continuous sequence for example in operas and oratorios. That´s very disturbing. What is the reason, can You help me?

Many Thanks
    Lothar Zündel
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Gaps playing ripped Cds with Asset

Which control point are you using? for if you are not using the Linn extensions (shows the DS player as Klimax (Playlist) ) rather instead Klimax (UPnP AV) this is not gapless.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ZUENDEL
      • Jun 2010

Hallo Mr.Spoon,
      Thank You for answer, but it was not helpfull.
      I use indeed Klimax DS playlist, and Twonky,which runs also on WHS, does not cause such gaps between tracks with continuous sequence. But I want to use Asset because it makes better sound.

Perhaps You have another help for me.

Thank Aou in advance

L.Zündel

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If it the exact same files, it should not make any difference if Asset or Twonky is used as the files are served 'as is' that is they are not altered.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ZUENDEL
          • Jun 2010

Yes, it is exact the same files and under "Edit" Audio Format streaming all is "as is" (I use flac ripping the Cds with dbpoweramp). During the Gaps I can read "Buffering" and than the next Track begins with the music indicating the seconds...Is it possible that the Hardware (Acer Aspire easy store H340) has a defect? What to do?

Thank You very much
          L.Zündel

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Copy the files in question to your PC and install Asset on your PC as a test, then stream from the PC.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>