title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot Get AccurateRip to Work

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordpuffer
    • Aug 2009

Cannot Get AccurateRip to Work

I am using EAC, and for the last 4-5 versions, I have tried 4 or 5 CD's each time and cannot get AccurateRip to work. Can you please help me? Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cannot Get AccurateRip to Work

You mean you cannot get it to configure? does AccurateRip offer to configure?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lordpuffer
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      You mean you cannot get it to configure? does AccurateRip offer to configure?
      Sorry, I should have been clearer in my post. When I run the wizard of EAC, AccurateRip comes up in a box and offers to configure a CD. I try many CD's and it tells me it cannot find that CD in it's Database. I was told by the Developer of EAC that it only has a few hundred thousand CD's in it's database, but I've tried a bunch of mainstream CD's.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

AccurateRip has 500,000 discs it is able to use, but if the drive is not in the database you need 3 discs which give 3 matches, and these discs cannot have a 2nd pressing in the database. So you need to keep trying discs.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lordpuffer
          • Aug 2009

Thank you.

Comment

• lordpuffer
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
            AccurateRip has 500,000 discs it is able to use, but if the drive is not in the database you need 3 discs which give 3 matches, and these discs cannot have a 2nd pressing in the database. So you need to keep trying discs.
            I have a question: If I cannot find 3 discs to give me 3 matches (which I have not been able to do so far), and I use Exact Audio Copy without AccurateRip configured, and rip music files as .flac's, will it just not sound as good when played? Thanks.

Comment

• Tigerman
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Mar 2005

AR is only for checking on ripping errors. It has no direct influence on the sound quality.
              The only influence is that you can clean/polish a cd and rip a track again if AR shows that a track (or tracks) is not accurate.
              So indirectly it can prevent ticks in the rip.

Comment

• lordpuffer
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Tigerman
                AR is only for checking on ripping errors. It has no direct influence on the sound quality.
                The only influence is that you can clean/polish a cd and rip a track again if AR shows that a track (or tracks) is not accurate.
                So indirectly it can prevent ticks in the rip.
                Thanks....I'll just have to rip CD's without AccurateRip configured and hope for the best. :komisch12

Comment

Working...

]]>