title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper auto copy/move each file after successful rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper auto copy/move each file after successful rip

Remind me in 3 weeks and I will write such (you do not have to pay).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• boogieman
      • Nov 2010

Thank you Spoon, much appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

• EliC
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
        Remind me in 3 weeks and I will write such (you do not have to pay).
        Thank you. Hopefully this includes the options to move the ENTIRE album, based on if ALL of the tracks are accurate/secure or if any of the tracks are inaccurate/insecure.

Comment

• boogieman
          • Nov 2010

Hi Elic

That would in fact defeat the purpose of the request. The main issue I have encountered is that if you bulk import files into iTunes, iTunes messes up the order they are imported in.

I believe (hope!) that this plugin will be the best option I can think of to remedy this; as the files will be moved into iTunes one-by-one as they are completed.

You could perhaps move erroneous files also, still let them import into iTunes, with intention to replace them (file only) once they have been fixed.

it's almost 3 weeks.... fingers crossed!

Comment

• EliC
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

I am hoping for OPTIONs, so each user can get what is best for them.

Comment

• boogieman
              • Nov 2010

Here's a further suggestion...

Spoon, with the topic of this thread based on getting rips into iTunes, could a DSP be written to use the iTunes Scripting Interface?

That would be the ultimate...

This means we could rip our music with dbpoweramp to dynamically created folders, wherever and how we want, whilst still adding them to iTunes via the scripting interface after each song is ripped, just the way iTunes does.

Kinda like watch folders, but instantaneous and in the correct 'as-ripped' order. That would be awesome.

Thanks for your continued support and a fantastic product.

Comment

• balma01
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Oct 2010

Hi,
                what's happened at the end? Me too I'm looking for something to Move Destination File on Success...

Comment

• mayoung
                  • Jun 2009

I came across this thread due to a similar problem. Itunes seems to sometimes grab files from the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder before all the metadata has been written to them.

This is pretty simple but seems to be working:

1. Create a text file called something like dbdone.bat with this single line in it:
                  move %1 "F:\ITunes\Automatically Add to iTunes"

2. add a DSP/Action in CD ripper (DSP tab) to "Run External" with these settings:
                  (After conversion)
                  Program: F:\dbdone.bat (or whatever you called it)
                  Command line: [outfile]

3. Set the CD Ripper Path to some temp directory on the same disk as your iTunes folder and go

I hope it helps.

Comment

• boogieman
                    • Nov 2010

I finally got round to testing this and unfortunately it doesn't work.

dbPoweramp will only accept .exe or .com files - and even using a .bat to .exe conversion tool it still doesn't work.

What would be great is the option to copy/move a file after each track rip completes - or as another option, after each disc completes.

Please?

Comment

• Porcus
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by boogieman
                      and even using a .bat to .exe conversion tool it still doesn't work
                      Tried the AutoIT3 scripting language? http://www.autoitscript.com/site/

Comment

• mayoung
                        • Jun 2009

Sorry to hear it isn't working for you. It has a few issues but seems to work for me most of the time (win 7).

I noticed when you open the "Select program to run" box from the DSP run external "set" command, it only lists *.exe, *.com files, but you can type whatever filename you want in the "File name:" box once you navigate to the correct directory. A .bat filename is accepted.

Also, Command Line "[outfilelong]" (with quotes) works better than [outfile] (listed above).

Comment

Working...

]]>