title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Conversion Errors

Conversion Errors

Hi all,

I converted a huge library from 48kHz to 44.1kHz. But now I saw that a lot of the files are dramatically damaged. They are distorted and not useless anymore.
    Can that happen? Thats really bad now, cause I don' t have the originals anymore. (the test with a few files in the beginning seemed to be ok)

Regards
    huibuh

Administrator

Re: Conversion Errors

It can happen yes, as frequency conversion is a lossy process which is subject to slight volume changes. Also if your source files were lossy (.mp3) then converting mp3 >> mp3 again looses quality.

That can happen? I am shocked. It should be really easy to convert from 48kHz to 44.1 without audible artifacts. To do recordings with 48kHz is a standart, to resample it to 44kHz to play it on a CD is also standard. If it can happen with dBpoweramp that the files become distorted it is a bug.

best regards

I found that I did not use the SSRC option- maybe that was the reason for the bad results. I ll try it again..

Regards

Another question:
    I upgraded to R14 now. How is it now with SSRC? Now it is not possible to activate it in the configuration. Does that mean it is not supported anymore or it is now active per default?

Best Regards

Administrator

R14 always uses SSRC.