title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win7 Explorer Details Pane

Win7 Explorer Details Pane

I am running the registered version of dbPowerAmp Music Converter: Registered Power Pack Release 14 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

It seems that this program has made changes to my system causing the Details Pane at the bottom of Windows Explorer to display non-standard information. What it does NOT display, for MP3s, is the TITLE of the MP3.

How can I get back the title, and possibly other information for the MP3s?

There is another post regarding this problem with dbPowerAmp, and the solution given was to uninstall the program. I bought the program and use it frequently, though, so I don't want to uninstall it.

I assume there is a key in the registry somewhere that can be changed to undo what dbPowerAmp has done.

Administrator

Re: Win7 Explorer Details Pane

>and possibly other information for the MP3s?

Which other information? there is a current issue with Title, which the next beta update will fix.

The Title is the main thing that is missing. Year and Comment would also be nice to have.

Administrator

> Year and Comment would also be nice to have.

These were in the standard windows pane?

The Title was in the standard Windows pane. The other two were not, but would probably be more useful than some of the items dbPowerAmp added. I have been a user of the paid registered version since at least version 12, and have never had the Title missing before in the details pane.

You said that the next beta would fix this. How does one get the beta?

Administrator

The next beta will be posted to the beta section of this forum as soon as it exists.

Any update on this?

Administrator

R14.1 is in beta right now.

Upgraded to the latest version and it did not take care of the issue. I still do not have Title back in the pane.

Administrator

R14.1

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=23193

It should release fully in the next few days

I'm using the ref. 14 version and i've been looking for a way to customize which fields should be displayed in the details pane. What i mean is that my details pane now has a bunch of "unimportant" fields that are taking precedence over other rather more important ones. For example, i now see "Mood", "Composer", "Conductor", "Part of set", but not "Bitrate".
    The "Bitrate" field is still there, but i'd have to set the pane size to the max in order to see it, which is really annoying. Also, as mentioned, "Year" and "Title" are missing.
    All in all, what i am asking for is a way to customize what fields are to be displayed (or displayed first for that matter), regardless of the fields that don't work with version 14.

Thanks.

Administrator

Thanks buddy.. Works like a charm!!
    BTW, i'm not too much into updates and beta versions, so is there some manual tinkering i can do to also get the title in the details pane?? Any registry editing, no matter how complicated, i'm up for it..

Thanks again!

Administrator

prop:System.Title

But you might need R14.1 (which is out this week) to populate that field.

It works in version 14!!
    I had already tried that, but without the "prop:" part, so it didn't work, but now, when adding the "prop:" prefix, it's all good .

On a totally different subject, i've been facing an issue on Vista and Windows 7 (2 different notebooks) that i never encountered on XP: It takes dmc around 10 seconds to load (either from the start menu shortcut or the explorer right click shell). On a dekstop machine running XP SP2, it's almost instantanous. Although 10 seconds is not a very long time, it's still pretty frustrating. I would love to fix this once and for all if possible. Any ideas??

Thanks again.