title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: CD stuck in RipNAS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CD stuck in RipNAS

Hi,
    I have a CD that is stuck in RipNAS.
    There is no pinhole release in this RipNAS version and eject through the WHS console
    has no effect.
    Is there another way to eject this CD, which I suspect of being copy protected?

Re: CD stuck in RipNAS

Swet,
    I have the same problem.CD stuck in RipNas won't eject from WHS console or by switching RipNas off and then on.
    Spoon,how do we get round this problem,please?

Administrator

The later RipNAS have a pin eject hole, so check for this first.

If the disc is truly stuck you can as a last resort insert a 2nd disc half way and this is normally enough to trigger the ejection (which clicking the eject button in the console). Sometimes the metal shutter on the font has closed and only an RMA will fix this.

Dear Spoon,
    I've tried inserting a second CD half way in whilst pressing eject on WHS console without success.The second CD will only go about a third of the way in.
    I don't have a pin hole on the front of my unit.There's no mention of it in the users' manual supplied with the machine.
    What's an RMA? Presumably "return to manufacturer".
    What is the address to which I send it and are the any special precautions I need to take to preserve the 2500 ripped CDs?
    Can you recommend a good courier?
    Many thanks,Robert.

Administrator

You would return it (or arrange for it to be returned) to the location you originally purchased it from.

Spoon,
    I purchased it after discussions with you via the RipNAS website.You arranged the money transfer but I think the unit was sent from Austria.
    My name is Robert Moxom.Perhaps you have a record of the transaction?
    I'd need to look up the Paypal record.
    Can the work be done in the UK?Are you able to do it for me?
    Thanks,Robert.