title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: The player is never on top, why?

The player is never on top, why?

For reasons unknown to me my dap decided not to appear on top of other windows. If I have a folder open or even the track listing, when I minimise the player and then restore again, it just appears behind whatever folder I have open. The only way I can make it appear on top is by right clicking the task bar next to the time.

I have re-installed the program, but to no avail.
    It seems to me that no matter what, my preferences are always saved somewhere.

I think the solution is for me to delete any saved preferences for this program.

Can anyone tell me the location of this folder?

Administrator

Re: The player is never on top, why?

In the registry Current User\Software\Illustrate

Thank you very much :smile2:

I was able to remove old settings but the player still refuses to be on top.

I have used this program for years, I think since about 2004. I should have noticed this problem before, but perhaps it never bothered me because I always controlled the program from the system tray.

I really don't remember this happening before I installed release 12 of the converter.

Fortunately I have heard that there will be a new player. I await its arrival with anticipation.

dBpoweramp Guru

You might try clicking on a blank spot on your task bar near the system tray. I've had this problem for years. This usually works for me.

I am having this problem too, isn't there a setting for always on top?