title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: I need auxiliary input, which product do I need?

I need auxiliary input, which product do I need?

I used auxiliary input for a long time when converting vinyl to mp3. I now want to install db poweramp and auxiliary input onto a new PC. Is auxiliary input part of the Power Pack for the Music Converter or do I need to install it separately after purchasing the Music Converter. Thanks for your advice.

Re: I need auxiliary input, which product do I need?

Aux input is no longer in DBpoweramp. Try audacity to record your vinyl.

To clarify: Since dMC r12, Auxiliary Input is no longer included with dMC. If you managed to find an old version, it would not work on Windows Vista or Win7, due to changes in the sound architecture.

Can you provide any update/info. on when (or if) dmc will receive auxiliary input ?
    converting analog to Mp3 is a basic/standard tool that alot of us are looking for...

Administrator

It is not planned for.

Whether or not Auxiliary Input will work in Vista may depend on the hardware, particularly the sound card. In 64 bit Vista on an Asus P6T deluxe motherboard w/integrated SoundMax audio I installed version 10.x of DBpoweramp along with Auxiliary Input and my old registered version of Power Pack (all of the same generation). Although this combination did not communicate entirely properly with the sound hardware in regards to settings (which I configured directly in the windows audio properties) it did produce good quality recording from the line-in port and for a sound file conversion and did not harm the system.

That said, DBpoweramp 14 (which I have installed in a different folder based on a tip from another forum) plays much nicer with Vista and it may be safer to use Audacity or something else for external devices. Anything but those Vista generated wma files!

Even though Auxiliary Input was dropped, DBpoweramp is a great piece of software and came with particularly generous upgrade path. Thanks!