title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: V3 "Refresh all" and simultaneously changes in the browse tree

V3 "Refresh all" and simultaneously changing the browse tree

Hi,
    after installing V3 (upgrade from V3 Beta) I had to insert all my music paths again (could there be a more simple way to remember them from one version to another), and then I did a "refresh all". Asset seems to be slow in that state,
    sometimes later files are being counted, and then very slow the number of identified tracks increases, this takes serveral hours for 19.253 tracks.

During this process I had a lot of time and I made changes to the browse tree, and then, after pressing ok, Asset wants to be restarted. A day later all I saw was "0 tracks of 0".

I just wanted to report this, so maybe in V4 beta this works better.

WHS.

Rainer
    Last edited by JoeBroesel; 10-19-2010 at 08:41 AM.

Re: V3 "Refresh all" and simultaneously changing the browse tree

Same here with v3 Final - I installed Asset, made some changes in the tree and added my audio library folders, clicked OK, and then "Scanning Library" started and lasted some hours (which is OK). After the scanning process was finished, I made some changes in the tree again (for optimization), clicked "OK" after each change, and suddenly I also saw "0 tracks of 0" and "Scanning Library" started again...

I didn't upgrade from v3 Beta but from v2.1.4 final (which means I fully uninstalled v2.1.4 including deleting the uMediaLibrary folders and then installed v3). I use the registered WHS version.

As long as this bug only occurs when adjusting the tree it's not that bad. I hope it doesn't occur when browsing the tree from my music client (Sonos) when I want to select and listen to some music.

DrFink
    Last edited by DrFink; 10-19-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Re: V3 "Refresh all" and simultaneously changes in the browse tree

This morning I see Asset is still counting... so it seems that Asset resets to "0 tracks" regularly.

Administrator

For any major changes such as this I recommend a full clear of the database:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=22249

Thanks, Spoon, seems to work now

Thank you Spoon,
    but I will live with the situation right now, as long as possible, because if I follow your advice, I will have to re-enter all my music paths again,
    and I am not in the mood for that.

Rainer